I have a husky 350, what do I do with it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaisedByWolves

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I scored a 350 (I think) with a scored piston.

Should I fix it and sell it, sell it for parts or throw it in the river?

:popcorn:

Put a 50cc 346xp pop on it, and see how long the bottom end lasts.......

The port castings on the NE cylinder make it wider than the 350, so it's a good idea to shave off 3 of the ribs that are molded into the crankcase on the clutch side for clearance. Also need to take about .050 off of the cylinder bolts. Just take the tips off to where the threads begin to prevent them from possibly bottoming out. (Flange thickness is slightly different on the two cylinders)

Cut to the chase

Fill the tank.........light the 350 on fire...and throw a couple of $100s on it while it's burning

Oh....and video it

The port castings on the NE cylinder make it wider than the 350, so it's a good idea to shave off 3 of the ribs that are molded into the crankcase on the clutch side for clearance. Also need to take about .050 off of the cylinder bolts. Just take the tips off to where the threads begin to prevent them from possibly bottoming out. (Flange thickness is slightly different on the two cylinders)

Sounds like you have actually done it? :jawdrop:

It's not big enough for a boat anchor, so it won't do any good to throw it in the river.
I've got one:eek: and I sure won't sing about what a great saw it is. I carry it on the skidder, if I run it over I ain't lost much.

Andy

It's not big enough for a boat anchor, so it won't do any good to throw it in the river.
I've got one:eek: and I sure won't sing about what a great saw it is. I carry it on the skidder, if I run it over I ain't lost much.

Andy

Awww now that thing would work just fine as a boat anchor.

I say tie about 100ft of rope to it and through it overboard. It's bound to snag on something down there, and if your lucky the rope will break trying to pull it up.

J/K...... put it on fleabay "AS IS" write up a description saying how you know nothing about the saw but you don't think it's been used much and that you didn't even try to start it. But it is a rare and hard to come by saw so don't miss your chance.

Someone's bound to give you 300.00 for it. :D

Thats kind of what I was thinking as it was a mercy buy in the first place. The guy sold me both this and a Homey 410 for $30, I couldnt leve the lil thing out in the cold.....

The homey rips, so theres my money right there.:cheers:

I had almost the same thing happen. I scored one (No pun intended!) like new except for a scored P&C for free. It was a 350 EPA model. I was able to practice my aluminum debris removal techniques on the walls of the cylinder, honed it lightly and saved it. I dropped in an after market 353 flat top piston for $29.00, eliminated the limiter tabs and it fired right up. It ran rather well after I tweaked the adjustments for the different piston. I gave it to a guy that was in need of a saw. It was well worth the time and few dollars I had into it to help a guy out. Plus, I got some practice on removing the aluminum and learned, it's a real PITA!

Back