I heard Stihl is better than Husky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll have to keep my eyes out for one of them to show up. And actually if I'm bashing a-hole design the Stihl 170 is the worst since you have to completely remove the fuel/oil caps to take of the rewind starter. Otherwise T-27 screws 4 Lyfe! :happy:

I've worked on all three, Stihl, Husqvarna and Echo and prefer to work on them in that order. Of course it goes by what model of each saw. My least favorite so far is Dolmar, little harder than the others and hardly any aftermarket parts so on older Dolmars needing a top end they might end up as a parts saw or a door stop.. Now that I think of it, really not much aftermarket on Echo either and OEM parts aren't cheap..

I listen to the guy's who run saws for a living, they can tell ya who makes good saws.
Having owned 30+ plus saws over 45 yrs of cutting wood I've only thrown one away " Remington " and only had one give me issues out of the box " Jonsered "......I don't run a saw everyday but smart enough to stick with the big names.

Back