I just got off the phone with a guy who sold me

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It didn’t cause a problem when I put the Saw up months ago after all it was just a

I'll give you 500 dollars if you admit that you withheld pertinent information regarding the saw's structural integrity...

put a letter head & a signature on there & you can go round up some work with your 500

When I buy a saw, even a parts saw, if something is not disclosed or pictured to where I could tell there was something seriously wrong, I immediately contact the buyer through the ebay email system and calmly explain the problem and how there was no way from the description or pictures to know that it had the problem. I've found that if I ask them how we could find a solution, many if not most will agree to make an equitable partial refund, or allow a return of the saw. Always give the seller the benefit of the doubt and allow them to show their true colors. I've met some outstanding sellers with this approach, some of whom I have bought from again. Never start off adversarial. If they refuse to make it right, my final words are "No problem, we'll let ebay decide." That always ends the stalemate.

When I buy a saw, even a parts saw, if something is not disclosed or pictured to where I could tell there was something seriously wrong, I immediately contact the buyer through the ebay email system and calmly explain the problem and how there was no way from the description or pictures to know that it had the problem. I've found that if I ask them how we could find a solution, many if not most will agree to make an equitable partial refund, or allow a return of the saw. Always give the seller the benefit of the doubt and allow them to show their true colors. I've met some outstanding sellers with this approach, some of whom I have bought from again. Never start off adversarial. If they refuse to make it right, my final words are "No problem, we'll let ebay decide." That always ends the stalemate.
Are you buying saws for repair

We all let our emotions get the better of us from time to time, the key is we learn from it and become better people. Apologise and move on. I had a quick skim through this thread and sounds like the OP has some self reflection to do. Lessons learnt both sides.

I've learned since then; some of that learning just recently, too.
Amongst contacting ebay sooner into the ordeal. Simply taking a look at who the seller is prior to dealing with them has pretty much eliminated this type of issue. Most of the sellers I've bought from recently have been an absolute breeze. This fella was BSing, hard. Reminds me of many more across the South who've exactly like him.
I've picked up several solid 1-# McCs in the last year for tinkering around with some 100cc kart engines, none of which more than $150 plus shipping.20230315_184324.jpg

Are you buying saws for repair
As an eBayer, who deals in saws, and is a 20 yr. member, everything is correct....and most redundant. Its all understood by anyone with the common sense God gave them.

Sellers also monitor such buyers, who habitually request a refund. Thankfully, eBay now has a limit on such nonsense.

As an eBayer, who deals in saws, and is a 20 yr. member, everything is correct....and most redundant. Its all understood by anyone with the common sense God gave them.

Sellers also monitor such buyers, who habitually request a refund. Thankfully, eBay now has a limit on such nonsense.
Well sir with all due respect I have been selling and buying saws, tools, and farm equipment on ebay 23 years come Friday.

Yep......I agree. You come out of the hole madder than hell and you won't get a favorable response whether you are right or wrong. I've always had good responses from sellers when there was a problem....has a bunch to do with how you initially present yourself...show a little respect and most times it will be returned.
As my dear old, late daddy would always say "You can catch more flys with honey than vinegar"

Yep......I agree. You come out of the hole madder than hell and you won't get a favorable response whether you are right or wrong. I've always had good responses from sellers when there was a problem....has a bunch to do with how you initially present yourself...show a little respect and most times it will be returned.
As my dear old, late daddy would always say "You can catch more flys with honey than vinegar"
Or as my mama used to say - "Do you want results, or do you just want to be right?"

Seems the OP got the cart ahead of the horse.

I just saw the BS for what it was.

As a seller, you can lie to buyers, see if they sniff out your BS, & if not you just got over on someone.
If the buyer does catch the lies, you just have to play dumb. Even with a full refund with shipping paid for, my time has been stolen.

I had a time with a guy just months ago where he refused to mail the b&c thst was part of the listing. He made a lot of excuses, but never followed through. I threatened him with negative feedback several times before finally adhering to my word & posting the feedback after a certain amount of time passed.
He complained to ebay & the next thing I know, my negative, honest feedback was gone.

I should've contacted ebay a lot sooner than I did.

Oh well, I've had very positive experiences as of late. I've even given the benefit of the doubt a few times. Even though I'm sure the sellers knew about the issues.

Yeah....well......them's the ones that'll give ya trouble.....like those folks that drive down the center of the road.......they want their half the road outta the middle.....
Well where I live we do not have much choice on where to drive. We both have to take our half out of the middle. Yes folks, the pic is indeed my road and yes I have mowed the center.
King Road.jpg

Back