I know how spidey felt with cabin fever!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave_dj1

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
This rain is getting ridiculous! It's rain'd more here lately than I can remember. It's hard to get anything done, I'm a building contractor and am running behind because of all the rain. Steady rain here this morning, forecast is for rain all day then clearing for tomorrow then more rain on Thursday!
Stay dry, don't forget your rubbers!
dave

It's still been cool, cloudy, windy, rainy and wet here, except for the last couple days which have been sunny and warm... and I picked-up some damn bug that's had me in bed for those two days. My garden has been in for over a month, and it just sits there waiting... heck some of it has died. The cucumber and melon seeds never even germinated... the hills are barren of any plants. Yesterday marked 10 days into June and I think it was the first day we saw temps in the 70's. Crop fields are a mess, washed out, drowned and whatnot... some haven't even been worked yet, let alone planted (and likely they won't be this year now). The weather experts are callin' for more rain and storms starting tonight, lasting on through the weekend... temps still well below "normal".

My cabin fever is long gone... it has evolved into full-blown depression!

Last edited:
This rain is getting ridiculous! It's rain'd more here lately than I can remember. It's hard to get anything done, I'm a building contractor and am running behind because of all the rain. Steady rain here this morning, forecast is for rain all day then clearing for tomorrow then more rain on Thursday!
Stay dry, don't forget your rubbers!
dave

Says the guy with the disturbing avatar...:msp_scared: :hmm3grin2orange:

Late frost killed a lot of the gardens here, now the replants are gonna get drowned out!

On June !st my bedroom was 98* at 11 pm. On June 7th house was 61* outside temps 50* had to light the furnace, and give it 3 loads. Now its the 11th, and my yard is a pond. With 2 more days of rain in the forecast.

At least I got to see if the new sump pump works. The garden looks pretty good except for the tomato plants missing the leader to some snacking deer. And, the mosquitos are nice and healthy and thick as dandelion fluff in the back.

I hate to say this but I can't complain. Been about perfect here for the last couple months.

Driving me nuts over here, trying to start digging the foundation for the barn. I had a few repairs to do on the excavator and I have been struggling to work around the rain.

One of my gutters is not pitched correctly so I am getting some water in the basement and everything is MUD. I have had enough!

Back