I know..old topic but want input...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dakota said:
KF-
Do you use that carabiner as a spreader snap?
I love my Pinnacle but want to ditch the spreader. Mine doesn't have those loops behind the D-rings. Did you add those?

If your talking about the 3 loops on the picture of the back of the saddle thats part of the Bfly, they are called gear loops.

tophopper said:
Heres the new tribe quick release leg straps.....

quick.jpg

you'd still have to step into it, but it wouldnt be quite the balancing act.

Hey John, on that one you dont have to step in, the waist comes apart.

Perhaps thats what is causing people issues, I unscrewed and rescrewd my delta link every time I got in or out, way faster IMO.

Koa Man said:
I have the Ness and also don't like the step in straps, but other than that, I like the saddle.

Same here...Ness. I have started sitting on the ground and pulling the saddle up. I usually wear BDUs and the leg pockets are a pain when standing and pulling the Ness up. When seated, I can work it up better.

New Tribe will do a custom modification on a Ness where they will put a Petzl floating D on the saddle. charlieB in New Orleans had this done and I believe he's pretty happy with it. Just call up New Tribe and ask.
-moss

new tribe

Eagle1 said:
Just looking that the Pinnacle. ???? Looks uncomfortable
new tribe is rec stuff you bought the one for the arborist, and it sucks nuff said, stick with the names of the industry buc etc ,, i suggest going to a show with a demo tree and trying a few, looking at pictures and basing purchases on comfort factors is risky as you found out. we found a place in hartford that has one in the showroom year round good luck triber

dakota said:
KF-
Do you use that carabiner as a spreader snap?
I love my Pinnacle but want to ditch the spreader. Mine doesn't have those loops behind the D-rings. Did you add those?

the sewn loops were there from buckingham, they can be used as tiein points with biners. i DO NOT use my set up as a spreader snap. i tie in on the factory D rings. the biner i have set up is just to keep the 2 D rings together in front of me so i don't have to waiste time fumbling of feeling for them in an awkward situation.

OK. Yeah, I've tried using a biner in each d-ring w/o a spreader but it gets pretty awkward. I think it's because the d-ring straps are a bit too long for that. Mine doesn't have those sewn in loops.

i still climb with a tautline hitch, when i tie in i put both D rings together and clip in as one. the sewn d's were not on my first pinnacle, so you must have an older style saddle.

pinnacle head

kf_tree said:
i still climb with a tautline hitch, when i tie in i put both D rings together and clip in as one. the sewn d's were not on my first pinnacle, so you must have an older style saddle.
i am a definate pin head, hey kf thats a sweet set up, did you get the modular bucking ham for that ?

Latest posts

Back