I leave no saw behind.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a shop in town that I use very frequently, I buy all my part plus all the parts and equipment for the school there. I asked them, years ago what they did with the saws guys didn’t pick up. Stuff that was too old or “junk”. They threw them in the dumpster. I asked if I could intercept and I have been. I’ll bring them lunch every couple months in addition to the money I spend there. Sometimes it’s whackers, blowers. Very rarely is it a total loss. I’ve gotten some of my best saws there left for junk and that’s the truth. I haven’t dug into this Mac yet but I bet it just needs a fuel line. Compression felt good and these little saws pack a good punch when there aren’t beat.

I cant make myself even do just the carb kit needed in one my dad bought new.

I hated that freaking saw growing up using it. Hot weather was always vapor locking. Many times I wanted to throw that saw.

Only reason on shelf is because it was dad's trim saw.

I sold a like new mac 110 here local with fresh sharpened chain and ready to use with the whole yellow case set up for $20. I begged the guy to take it with him as he was buying a Mac 555 from me.

m130.jpg

I cant make myself even do just the carb kit needed in one my dad bought new.

I hated that freaking saw growing up using it. Hot weather was always vapor locking. Many times I wanted to throw that saw.

Only reason on shelf is because it was dad's trim saw.

I sold a like new mac 110 here local with fresh sharpened chain and ready to use with the whole yellow case set up for $20. I begged the guy to take it with him as he was buying a Mac 555 from me.

View attachment 1073458
I haven’t had one in a while, I don’t buy them, but since it was just setting there on the ground…this one will go on the inventory shelf. I will give it a quick look over, check spark, peek in that ex port. Saw rebuilding season just ended for me now that lawn cleanups began. So it will wait till the fall at least.
I wish I still had my grandfathers 110. We found it under his bench, at the time I just took it to a repair shop who didn’t want to work on it and I guess I just left it there. Nothing valuable about it but I have all his other tools and it still bugs me.

I have a shop in town that I use very frequently, I buy all my part plus all the parts and equipment for the school there. I asked them, years ago what they did with the saws guys didn’t pick up. Stuff that was too old or “junk”. They threw them in the dumpster. I asked if I could intercept and I have been. I’ll bring them lunch every couple months in addition to the money I spend there. Sometimes it’s whackers, blowers. Very rarely is it a total loss. I’ve gotten some of my best saws there left for junk and that’s the truth. I haven’t dug into this Mac yet but I bet it just needs a fuel line. Compression felt good and these little saws pack a good punch when there aren’t beat.
You just wanted it cause it says " Beaver " on it, admit it. 😂 She will make a nice static display.

Back