I love my 046!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawinredneck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Took out a 28" Cottonwood today, used the 046 for about all of it, had to climb and drop some of the banches on the back side, didn't want it comeing at the house you know. Put the 32" on it, overkill I know, it ate the tree up like it wasn't even there!!!! I did learn something though, a 32" bar isn't so good for limbing, but it got the job done:dizzy: But man did it block it up nice!!!
Thanks again Doc :cheers: It was sure nice to go out and run a day with no saw problems. Ever since I went back to the 7 pin I have had zero oiling problems whith that bar!!!
Andy

sawinredneck said:
Took out a 28" Cottonwood today, used the 046 for about all of it, had to climb and drop some of the banches on the back side, didn't want it comeing at the house you know. Put the 32" on it, overkill I know, it ate the tree up like it wasn't even there!!!! I did learn something though, a 32" bar isn't so good for limbing, but it got the job done:dizzy: But man did it block it up nice!!!
Thanks again Doc :cheers: It was sure nice to go out and run a day with no saw problems. Ever since I went back to the 7 pin I have had zero oiling problems whith that bar!!!
Andy

Them 046's are dandies indeed. I got one back in 1998-99 I think. So far have yet to do anything to it other than run it, very reliable saw brother Andrew..

That was 32" full comp., couldn't tell it wasn't a 20", it was nice!!!!!

attachment.php

Andy

Lakeside53 said:
red - You need real wood... None of this cotton-candy stuff:rockn

This was a dead removal, had a house in the way and they were concerned about it falling over. The wood was hauled to a burn pile, full of borers, no good for anything!!!
All I burn is hedge!!!
Andy

sawinredneck said:
All I burn is hedge!!!
Andy

Hedge (Osage Orange) now thats real wood, it's real hard! :chainsaw:
After it's dried, you can't drive a nail in it.

Andy, I like my 460 allot also, put the duel port cover on it last week.
Now I like it even more.

Gary
-----------------------------------------------------------
MS660, 066, MS460, MS361, MS200T & 335XPT

Glad the saw is running good for you Andy. That is the best running 046 I have had in my hands yet. Hopefully my next one will be just as good.

Back