I may go fall timber in Idaho?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Metals. Been gone for a week. First in Omak, Wa, then up the Clearwater in ID. Old high school buddy is scaling at a yard in Kooskia. Things are rolling in that area. I lost count of all the log trucks on Hwy 12. Good luck with your venture.

Yup, ID is blowing up! I caught wind of it this spring, talking with a couple timberbeasts going there to fall under a K-Max.

Wish Ol Montany would take a hint and start logging more!

Don't drive on our Highway 12. Going west from Yakima, you will have to stop many times. The road is getting a badly needed paving job.
My trip to our "downtown" took a half hour yesterday. It is 4 miles. Shoulda walked. Luckily, the ice cream I was going to buy was going to another place, in another direction.

Talked with the bosslady yesterday, she said the position is still open, and the bossman was super busy, and that's why he hasn't called. She said it was good that I called back to check in. :)

In the interim, I ordered a snap-style pair of Y-back S-Penders w/ shoulder pad. . . And I found a minty Jonny 820 to take care of any tree over 4' I might encounter. I figure a 4' bar might be overkill, but I'm going to ask Jason what he has on his bigger saws.

I have a couple more things to put together, and I'll be ready to rock. :rock:

I don't have the saw yet, but it has a ton of compression (judging from the way the guy had to drop start it), and it appears to have been extremely well taken care of.

attachment.php

Talked with the bosslady yesterday, she said the position is still open, and the bossman was super busy, and that's why he hasn't called. She said it was good that I called back to check in. :)

In the interim, I ordered a snap-style pair of Y-back S-Penders w/ shoulder pad. . . And I found a minty Jonny 820 to take care of any tree over 4' I might encounter. I figure a 4' bar might be overkill, but I'm going to ask Jason what he has on his bigger saws.

I have a couple more things to put together, and I'll be ready to rock. :rock:

I don't have the saw yet, but it has a ton of compression (judging from the way the guy had to drop start it), and it appears to have been extremely well taken care of.

attachment.php

You're killin me homie :msp_tongue:
if I roll up to the house and the snappers are hooked to a pair of sweatpants and you've all of the sudden ditched the boots in favor of velcros, well hell, I just don't know :hmm3grin2orange:
The Johannes is pretty nutz tho

Well, by God! If'n I'm gonna be wearing stagged-off pastel sweatpants, and Velcro caulks. . . I'm gonna throw a fanny pack in there somewhere or there's gonna be an asswhoopin'!!!

Last edited:
Randy, is it kosher to stag your sweatpants, I'm not sure on the not denim stagging protocol :jester:

Well, I don't know, maybe the elastic will keep the bees out, after all they likes the bright colors.

I used to just cut the hem off the bottom, the legs got shorter after every washing, need to burn the threads off with a zippo.

I am under the impression that sweatpants are an Alaska thing? A hooktender from there had a pair he wore and the not really bad Joe on Axmen wore them. It was winter here and the hooktender usually had raingear on over the sweatpants.

I salute you for wearing pastels! It'll be a better, calmer world out there.

There is a Mac T hardhat for $65 at the Packwood (fleece) Flea Market. Get that, along with the 16 inch topped Kuliens, and you'll be set.
The Kuliens are size 11 but Kulien sizes are different than normal so you'll have to try them on.

Last edited:
wow, look at all those buckles, you just went from truck driver to dungeon master in one keystroke :laugh:

do those just hook on to your belt loops?

Yup, they hook in your belt loops. . . I've never tried them, but i'm'a gonna now!

I am under the impression that sweatpants are an Alaska thing? A hooktender from there had a pair he wore and the not really bad Joe on Axmen wore them. It was winter here and the hooktender usually had raingear on over the sweatpants.

I salute you for wearing pastels! It'll be a better, calmer world out there.

There is a Mac T hardhat for $65 at the Packwood (fleece) Flea Market. Get that, along with the 16 inch topped Kuliens, and you'll be set.
The Kuliens are size 11 but Kulien sizes are different than normal so you'll have to try them on.

I wear a 12D boot, but have a pair of Sorel's in 11 that fit just dandy. Sometimes I have to wear a 13, like you say -- depends on the boot.

Jason has an extra Mac T that was buried in his basement, from back when his ex-BIL was going to go logging. . . He never did.

I looked up Packwood. . . Seems like a neat place to wander around in.

Back