I may go fall timber in Idaho?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Packwood is partly your Poverty With a View type town. It once had a big mill that sawed up the large diameter old growth. Now it is trying to become a ski town. It no longer has a grade school, or a doctor, or a pharmacy, or a mill, and one grocery closed, the Forest Service office closed,....you know the story. An ammunition factory moved in. I think they pay minimum wage.

The residents try to make all the money they can off the two fleece market weekends. They charge for parking in front of their houses, which is actually charging to park on county road r/w, but who wants to argue.

The elk wander around town. Saw a spike wandering through yesterday.

I know of somebody who got a nice elk during bow season. They shot it in their yard. The elk hang out there all year now. They used to head up to the higher elevations in the summer, but the nice browse in the clearcuts has been overtopped by trees, so grazing is better down in the valley--hayfields and gardens.
I'll take some pictures this morning.

Aw, poor Lewis County. I grew up in Centralia, so I'm a L.C. kid 4 lyfe. It really is sad how hard the loss of industry has hit the area. No more Weyco, Widco, USFS, Satsop, etc. Tourism is a fickle livelihood. Factory outlets are a thin veneer of commerce where minimum-wage jobs send money to absentee landlords while busloads of yupsters and oldsters only stick around long enough to shop, and their cash doesn't even stick around that long. REIT's replaced timber companies. The I-5 corridor is now just cheap overflow housing for State workers from Oly.

Wonder how those suspenders will effect the fit of your riggin jeans. If they'll pull differently than hooking into suspender buttons? Hopefully your pants will have a big dance floor:msp_w00t:

My only concern would be belt loop tear-out. I wonder if I can't reinforce them with rivets?

You'll have to get a longer rivet than is used on the stress points on a pair of jeans.

On the belt loop, the excess is folded into the loop, then stitched. You'd have to punch through that "fat" part there to get any reinforcement.

Or just double punch through the thin part of the belt loop, top and bottom, and snap them spenders on, grab yo coffee, and run!

I wear a 12D boot, but have a pair of Sorel's in 11 that fit just dandy. Sometimes I have to wear a 13, like you say -- depends on the boot.

Jason has an extra Mac T that was buried in his basement, from back when his ex-BIL was going to go logging. . . He never did.

I looked up Packwood. . . Seems like a neat place to wander around in.

Nate, if you want an NOS Mac-T, I'll grab you one tomorow. Let me know.

It's on me, only catch is, you gotta pick it up in person and drink a couple beers with me. - Sam

Nate, if you want an NOS Mac-T, I'll grab you one tomorow. Let me know.

It's on me, only catch is, you gotta pick it up in person and drink a couple beers with me. - Sam

That's awful nice of you Sam! I don't know what's in the cards yet, as far as the sawing gig.

If I do get to go, I could hit Zoo town from 93, and take I90 into ID. Be a good excuse to see you and Cody and have a couple beers. Maybe go see Cody's new pad?

That's awful nice of you Sam! I don't know what's in the cards yet, as far as the sawing gig.

If I do get to go, I could hit Zoo town from 93, and take I90 into ID. Be a good excuse to see you and Cody and have a couple beers. Maybe go see Cody's new pad?

Sounds good to me.

Yeah, or working on the house!

He'd be like, "Hell yeah, come on down for a beer. . . Bring your tool bags." :hmm3grin2orange:

It'll be like in the movies when he's like "yeah it might take like 15 minutes, I just need a hand with this one thing" then the camera pans over to the clock on the wall winding about 6 hours away

Hahaha, yeah, he's got plenty of fixies to keep him busy with the place.

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9CJ9EDtZ2p8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back