I need a mechanic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This pickup had a new alt on with the receipt in the glove box. Reason for taking the alt back was when i turned on the lights, the meter showed no charge. They checked it, said it was good. Store manager said that was the cheapest alt he could buy for it.....1 year warranty. He said i could trade it for one with lifetime warranty so i did. He thought it would be 20 bucks higher. I say fine. When we're all done, HE PAYS ME 9.00 back!! figure that one out! Oh well...its fixed and i have a lifetime alt.

Here's another boggling thought. New ac pumps carry a one year warr. Now a rebuilt one on the other hand has a liftime warr. And the rebuilt was cheaper.:monkey:

Here's another boggling thought. New ac pumps carry a one year warr. Now a rebuilt one on the other hand has a liftime warr. And the rebuilt was cheaper.:monkey:
I wouldnt doubt that. I'm going down there to get wiper blades now. I'll check the warranty on them! Power steering pump seems a little weak. Parts place is $50 for lifetime and the salvage yard is $30. I'll prob go with the salvage since they're not known for going bad very often. The salvage guy told me to try Lucas additive in it, said it would fix it. Think i will just change it. Uh oh....only a 30 day warranty! lol

Do you guy's realize you can drive to any Oreilly's or autozone and they'll check the Batt, and alt for nothing. They can even tell ya if it's a diode,rectifier, regulater, or brushes. Probably more. Kinda makes knowledge less valuable. Pisses me off when the 16yr old help plugs in the fancy gadget tells me the diode's out, but doesn't know what the he** that is. Only knows a new alt is 94.99 plus exchange. :dizzy:

True story, but the tester is only as good as the person holding it.

Seems to bring a smile to peoples face when you clean the connection for the field wires and the ALT starts to sing. As opposed to finding out that someone traded in there 90A core for a $100 dollar 65A bone.

True story, but the tester is only as good as the person holding it.

Seems to bring a smile to peoples face when you clean the connection for the field wires and the ALT starts to sing. As opposed to finding out that someone traded in there 90A core for a $100 dollar 65A bone.

Actually the testers anymore are better than the person holding them. All they really need to know is where the battery is and which is the pos. and neg.

If you have a leaded cable check the voltage just beyond the lead connector and cable.I had a high resistance connection once on a cable that looked good.

Back