I need alittle help on a Carb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allan.K

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am doing a total rebuild on saw.. The carb is a Walbro HD..Well it has limiter caps on it.. I got them off with ez.. But here the question..I want to leave off the caps,but the H&L screws have no springs just o-rings.. I am thinking if I left off the limiter caps they would back out on adjustment being there no spings there..

Thanks for looking
Allan

You would be correct. The limiter caps not only serve to restrict the adjustability of the carb, but to serve as springs used to, for limiting the movement of the adjustment screws while in use. The best fix is to cut the tabs off the limiter caps, and then reinstall. It solves the problem of movement, but doesn't restrict your ability to properly adjust the carb.

TimberPig said:
The best fix is to cut the tabs off the limiter caps, and then reinstall.

Would this be applicable to a little 36cc Poulan Mod 2250? it's the only little saw that I have with limiter caps.

Elmore said:
Would this be applicable to a little 36cc Poulan Mod 2250? it's the only little saw that I have with limiter caps.

It depends upon if the carb needs more adjustment than it currently has. By removing the stop tabs on the cap, the cap no longer limits the carb adjustability at the mixture needles, making it much more like an older carb before limiters were installed. If your saw runs fine, and still has some room to richen and lean it with them as is, then you won't gain anything until you need to adjust the carb beyond the range of the limiters.

Back