I owned the best saw ever made,now I need a replacement

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pardner we have had a really good relationship on this site in the past BUT, as a lifelong, card carrying, tenth generation proud redneck......that remark displeases me!

Mike

It was a JOKE! If it doesn't piss someone off, it was a bad joke. If it does piss someone off, it's probably a good joke. I knew it'd get the dander up on the guys who pride themselves on being rednecks. Y'all just jump back and go lay down by your bowls! As an apology, I'd send y'all a bottle of Jack if I could afford it. :msp_biggrin:

Probably you rednecks are the ones responsible for getting the OP back into positive rep numbers. :D :D :D

OTHER sites? you mean there's MORE than AS?!?!?!

do tell goodly sir!

I've looked in on a bunch of them. Most of them suck. I'm also staff on a couple sites I think highly of. I'm glad to say that the great folks here on AS are great people who do not suck!

Well, not much. :rock:

There are still saws being sold under that name. But can anyone tell me if Deere ever actually manufactured their own saws, or if they were always rebadged from other manufacturers?

Ok, this is a mess, Deere never made there own saws, per se. It started with Homelite, I think? making saws for them, then Deere bought them out and ran them into the ground. Next was Efco, the latest incarnation that every one knows of, decent saws, but they got the shaft when Deere got in bed with Stihl and dumped them. loosing all of Efco's US dealerships.
I really want to say there was another brand before Homelite, but I'll be damned if I can remember it tonight!
Needless to say, Deere has made some strange bedfellows, and shafted all of them!

Hell i definately aint no troll,just askin a question about john deere chainsaws.I work my a$$ off everyday,and if gettin "negative rep" was all I had to worry about,then id be doin good.Anyhow,does deere still make a dang chainsaw or not?

The John Deere here sells Stihl saws. I'm not sure what they sold in your area.

I'll trade you a cement block for your 029, The cement should work a little better for a boat anchor. :hmm3grin2orange:

Yeah, that ain't sitting well with me either! I am a redneck, smarter than many care to give me credit for, smarter than I care to let on most times as well! That was a broad stroke of the brush my friend!

Yea you know what, I am with you. Besides I cannot help it if my neck turns red from being out the sun all day. Some of the smartest people I know live in the country away from others and that makes them very independant and very smart.

ill keep the Bud Light in mind,but it seems like such a waste to use good beer in a chainsaw,natural light perhaps?

Back