I Promise I Will Move Firewood.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having said that, the attempts to quarantine ANY of this stuff, plant or animal, are mostly doomed.

I believe with EAB the hope -- slim hope -- is they can slow the spread until some solution is figured out.

Sometimes before the Government does.

The old seven year Gypsy Moth cycle up here seems to have been broken by a naturally occurring complex of predators, fungi, and diseases that have brought their populations in New England into control for the last 30 years. Of course it took about 70 years for that balance to be achieved.

County lines aren't for the bugs, they're so people have an easy point of reference, but I can't translate most of the original poster's comments on the issues into something intelligible, so I think he's either having a fun time trolling or he has had some really good 'shrooms.

If it helps, let the rest of us know.

I'm willing to try without the benefit of research.

OK I've drank a fair amount tonight and I still can't really follow the original post.

Southern Illinois must be a great source of moonshine!

Last edited:
I am burning infested ash as I type. I get it locally and EAB has been in central illinois for at least 3 yrs I know of. I do cross county lines with wood and beer ocassionally but not more than 10-12 miles from home.

I don't drink anymore. I found you can drink to much and to often. So I stopped. Some 26 years ago.

One main question: Do frozen bugs pop when you burn um. I've cremated a few mice and they didn't pop. But you do have to make sure the flue is wide open. :msp_smile:

Last edited:
The Boys Are Back in Town.

Of course they do Preston. I love the smell of roasted European Beetle Beans in the morning. Guess the drunks aren't up yet. Thanks for the post.

Opossums came to north America 3 million years ago. I think that predates most banana boats.

How is transporting EAB illicitly any different than trucking in cheap Mexicans? Both are convenient, shortsighted, and assume that your interests supercede others.

OK, so opossums sailed to America 3 million years ago in bannana boats, and polar bears are killing my ash trees. Excellent - I always learn something here.
<blockquote>"In translating the colloquial nature of thought to written language, a little is lost"</blockquote>

Umm..... yeah. At least I hope that explains it.

How is transporting EAB illicitly any different than trucking in cheap Mexicans? Both are convenient, shortsighted, and assume that your interests supercede others.

I live in the woods. There isn't anything illegal about transporting wood in my area if I had to take it across county lines. Nice try. If that was a rhetorical question, go ask them on your own thread. and take Wood Heat Warrior with you. Even with the ignore function, he makes my disscussions much too cumbersome.

OK, so opossums sailed to America 3 million years ago in bannana boats, and polar bears are killing my ash trees. Excellent - I always learn something here.
<blockquote>"In translating the colloquial nature of thought to written language, a little is lost"</blockquote>

Umm..... yeah. At least I hope that explains it.

Makes sense to me. :laugh:

And how did we ever survive before Woodcutter TV came along to show us the error of our ways? We're so lucky he's here.
Never mind the fact that he's blindly opinionated, condescending, rude, pedantic, obnoxious and generally an all around pain in the ass. We lucky, I tell you, just plain lucky.

Redeemed.

And how did we ever survive before Woodcutter TV came along to show us the error of our ways? We're so lucky he's here.
Never mind the fact that he's blindly opinionated, condescending, rude, pedantic, obnoxious and generally an all around pain in the ass. We lucky, I tell you, just plain lucky.

That one got you off the ignored list. Welcome back to the group.

Never mind the fact that he's blindly opinionated, condescending, rude, pedantic, obnoxious and generally an all around pain in the ass. We lucky, I tell you, just plain lucky.[/QUOTE/]
Now that's good to hear. I've been called all those thing too, but they're not true. I'm just an a$$ whole.Thanks for taking up the slack TV.

Hey now...we are all grown ups...don't mince words please...say what you mean...:dizzy:

I've got 2 things to say...1st off this is not very politicaly correct and second...are there expensive Mexicans?

Latest posts

Back