I Promise I Will Move Firewood.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go dislike me there fo a change, Jeff. Thanks for the post.

Even satellite won't help me there, I fear.

I would never take the time to dislike you. I do dislike the EAB, and the people who think themselves useful by saying they are doing something about it by burning infested ash. Good for you. Moving firewood from infested areas to un-infested areas is the opposite of doing something useful, even if you burn it. But you are the expert, so you say, so it must be.

Hey now...back to the EAB. Been reading about the problem here on AS and have not heard about it locally in NE PA. My Ash are good, but there is a PA Forest Web Seminar Presentation on Emerald Ash Borer that I am going to check out next week.

Anyone know if they have they hit the Lehigh Valley / Pocono region?

Eab

Hey now...back to the EAB. Been reading about the problem here on AS and have not heard about it locally in NE PA. My Ash are good, but there is a PA Forest Web Seminar Presentation on Emerald Ash Borer that I am going to check out next week.

Anyone know if they have they hit the Lehigh Valley / Pocono region?

Thanks for bringing the focus back to the topic. I don't know if you have any of those beetles in your region, but I suspect they come and go on a cyclical
basis like armyworms do; 50-100 year cycles. If you don't have them now, it could be in the next decade. If you find at the webinar that EAB is present and killing trees, ask how they plan to eliminate it, and let us know.

I've got 2 things to say...1st off this is not very politicaly correct and second...are there expensive Mexicans?

RE: latter Q.

Puts me in the mind of a wild night in Brownsville. Senorita nabbed teh wallet and left me with some bad EAB crotch scritch. Only $12 in my billfold but monthly pennicillin copays add up. :D

I've transgressed mightily but I'd never compromise a fellow woodcutter's livelihood by transporting exotic critters to where I'd anihliate someone else's woodlot mgt plan.

I live in the woods. There isn't anything illegal about transporting wood in my area if I had to take it across county lines. Nice try. If that was a rhetorical question, go ask them on your own thread. and take Wood Heat Warrior with you. Even with the ignore function, he makes my disscussions much too cumbersome.

There seems to be a geographical premise underlying your sentiment.

To riff on this - scoot all the compromised ash on your own property you want. Let borders be borders. If you don't respect borders, there's lots of folks here at AS that are willing to repatriate northbound the greater Peoria metro area.

Last edited:
OK, I did not read every post!
If this is a re-pete? Forgive me...
But the BIG A$$ Xmas tree they had in NYC was from Washington State...
Political BS!

Let this Garbage Die.

Let her go to the bottom of the stack, guys. She's diluted enough. I'll try not to lead in with rhetorical questions next time. I always kind of liked that in op ed, like the writer was engaging the audience. But I'm pedantic and myopic. Got to get warmed back up. I'll post another that zeroes in better. Got a Purdue Biology major in on it last night. She was putting forth some useful stuff instead of just slander and racist comments.

I admit I'm a little slow. Not as slow as the banjo player in 'Deliverance'. So will somebody let me in on what the crap is going on now? When I see the word racist I wonder if somebody's talking to me. I hear that a lot. Just so you know, I'm a white boy with Scottish linage. :hmm3grin2orange:

I admit I'm a little slow. Not as slow as the banjo player in 'Deliverance'. So will somebody let me in on what the crap is going on now? When I see the word racist I wonder if somebody's talking to me. I hear that a lot. Just so you know, I'm a white boy with Scottish linage. :hmm3grin2orange:

My wife hispanic, Preston. These guys found out and are trying to attack.

Actually Earl Scruggs and Lester Flatt could cut a rug.

OK, I did not read every post!
If this is a re-pete? Forgive me...
But the BIG A$$ Xmas tree they had in NYC was from Washington State...
Political BS!

That's cuz we grow the best! I can't think of any exotic pests that would be hitching a ride on the tree though. Maybe a few slugs and snails? Some mold and mildew?

My guess is EAB will be out towards the Poconoes soon. They started talking about it 3 years ago around Western Pa. I'm no tree expert, and wasn't sure whats an ash or an elm, but I know what ash is now. There the ones with the bark about shaved off by woodpeckers. I just cut all mine down last week getting them ready for next seasons burn. Unfortuneately during my walks through the woods this winter I can pick out all the ash. I didn't know what Dutch elm was until about 10 years ago either.

My guess is EAB will be out towards the Poconoes soon. They started talking about it 3 years ago around Western Pa. I'm no tree expert, and wasn't sure whats an ash or an elm, but I know what ash is now. There the ones with the bark about shaved off by woodpeckers. I just cut all mine down last week getting them ready for next seasons burn. Unfortuneately during my walks through the woods this winter I can pick out all the ash. I didn't know what Dutch elm was until about 10 years ago either.

Thnx for keeping the intelligent dialogue goin'. These dying ash trees are what those dying Elm trees were in the two decades preceding when you noticed Dutch Elms. Now they are becoming major spore producers for Morel Mushrooms and other fungi. It's part of life. Man is pretentious to think he's in control of what will happen to those trees. If one can't make it, look on the bright side. I get Ten Thousand free calories per year of my favorite food--Morchella from those dying trees. Look for a way to benefit from average people's self induced brain paralysis, it is capitalism in its most distilled form. The food chain. In the woods.

Latest posts

Back