I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Banacanin

Banacanin

Addicted to ArboristSite
7oaks

7oaks

DRUGSTORE LOGGER
I knew that's what he was doing. . . And it's pretty crappy to try and be sneaky like that. He should just do regular shipping and a buy-it-now for 9 bills.

It really urks me when people pad their shipping on eBay. . . Just put it on for what you want out of it, or don't put it on at all IMO.

That shipping price is bull####.

You can report shipping abuse to eBay and they will close the auction.

Saw Dr.

Saw Dr.

Junk Collector
How long ago? I just shipped a 440 half-wrap powerhead to Maine the other day, cheapest I found was Fedex and it was $42 insured. I only asked the buyer to pay $28...

USPS parcel post. Usually it is between $25 and $30 to ship a powerhead. The online thing will only quote you priority mail. You have to go to the p.o. for the parcel post rate. You can still do a delivery confirmation which I HIGHLY recommend.

Moss Man

Moss Man

Addicted to ArboristSite
The seller must have changed the shipping price, after the auction closed it said $45.

Seems to me a seller can charge anything he wants to ship something, it is up to the buyer to weigh it out and see if it is worth it to them. Nobody is forced to buy something, if the shipping is more than you want, don't give the ad a second look or contact the seller and try to negotiate a better deal. Free Shipping seems to be popular there now, it is catching on because that's what catches the buyers eye.

Last edited:
Metals406

Metals406

Granfodder Runningsaw
USPS parcel post. Usually it is between $25 and $30 to ship a powerhead. The online thing will only quote you priority mail. You have to go to the p.o. for the parcel post rate. You can still do a delivery confirmation which I HIGHLY recommend.

OH,OH I know why!! LOL :hmm3grin2orange:

Jacob J.

Parcel post with insurance on this package was $38. Parcel post is notoriously unreliable. I've had packages coming across the country take 30 days to get here via parcel post. It's not worth saving a couple dollars to me.

Moss Man

Moss Man

Addicted to ArboristSite
Parcel post with insurance on this package was $38. Parcel post is notoriously unreliable. I've had packages coming across the country take 30 days to get here via parcel post. It's not worth saving a couple dollars to me.

I stopped offering Parcel Post for that very reason. I had a couple dozen parts go out one day Parcel Post, several of them got lost and others took up to 3 weeks to arrive. Needless to say, some buyers were a little perturbed. I only use Priority now if I am using the Post Office, everyone is more than happy paying the extra and even happier when they get the item within 3 business days.

wigglesworth

wigglesworth

Booned

How long did it take to get the package I sent you JJ? It went parcel post. I started shipping UPS after the last "parcel post" I sent. The USPS cant touch their prices on a powerhead. Shipped a 25 pound powerhead, halfway across the country for under $20, and that is with them putting the peanuts in it.

Jacob J.
I stopped offering Parcel Post for that very reason. I had a couple dozen parts go out one day Parcel Post, several of them got lost and others took up to 3 weeks to arrive. Needless to say, some buyers were a little perturbed. I only use Priority now if I am using the Post Office, everyone is more than happy paying the extra and even happier when they get the item within 3 business days.

Priority is well worth the money over parcel post and the post office knows this. Besides the fact that it's unreliable, your package is in the system much longer which increases the exposure to loss and damage. Of course most people aren't thinking that far ahead.

How long did it take to get the package I sent you JJ? It went parcel post. I started shipping UPS after the last "parcel post" I sent. The USPS cant touch their prices on a powerhead. Shipped a 25 pound powerhead, halfway across the country for under $20, and that is with them putting the peanuts in it.

I can't remember for sure but it was more than two weeks. I believe it was something like 17 days. Which, in this case was fine, you had it packed so well it would have survived a trip to Mongolia and back. Yeah those UPS packing centers are a good bargain, we don't have anything like that out here. All we have are "Goin' Postal" stores and they're the biggest con here I've seen in the shipping game.

A few years ago I bought an 090 AV from a guy in Montana. He sent the powerhead parcel post insured. It took 41 days to reach me because it got mis-routed to Hawaii and it arrived with $66 postage due. I flat out told them I wasn't paying for their mistake. They rectified it but it took three more days. My 090 sat at the post office the entire time.

BloodOnTheIce

BloodOnTheIce

Addicted to ArboristSite

I've been told by the local post master not to send anything parcel post, because nobody can guarantee, it will ever get there.

Saw Dr.

Saw Dr.

Junk Collector
I've been told by the local post master not to send anything parcel post, because nobody can guarantee, it will ever get there.

So I guess those 025 parts will be coming priority then???

These are good things to know. I don't ship nearly as many things as all of you guys. I have had good luck with parcel post with one exception. I have to give some props to Metals406 for his patience. He took me at my word that the letter had been sent. It took like 30 days, but finally arrived. Anyone else would have just figured I was running some kind of scam.