I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He states nothing broke I thought but shouldn't the handle be attached to some type of boss casting on the bottom? Or does it attach the the muffler that is missing?

His ad states a few parts may be missing. The bottom handle is missing a couple bracket parts. That missing muffler is almost impossible to find.

I built my Contra GS clone from a 090G and an NOS Contra S top end.

His ad states a few parts may be missing. The bottom handle is missing a couple bracket parts. That missing muffler is almost impossible to find.

I built my Contra GS clone from a 090G and an NOS Contra S top end.

Ric,

Once you get that saw boxed up let me know and I'll PM you my address.:msp_sneaky:

Jonathan

What are you basing that assumption on? I see the tag is 1109 which would indicate it left the factory 106cc.

The top of cylinder is different on a 137cc and so is the top cover. That saw has a 137cc cylinder along with the correct 137 starter.

Although I have only seen a few other original GS saws I dont remember an S after the 1109 number.

Trover and Sutton both have original GS's as well as Matt probaly has a pile of them.

The top of cylinder is different on a 137cc and so is the top cover. That saw has a 137cc cylinder along with the correct 137 starter.

Although I have only seen a few other original GS saws I dont remember an S after the 1109 number.

Trover and Sutton both have original GS's as well as Matt probaly has a pile of them.

I've seen Wayne's original GS in person and that's the only one I've seen. Yep- the position of the spark plug indicates it's a Super. That Contra Super shroud you sold me
is identical to the one on that saw. It looks like the muffler was broken off?

I find it odd that the only positive feedback you have received came from a complete idiot.

No, wait. Scratch that.

If my stuff don't get here soon I'm fixin to red rep him.

Soon as I figure out how.

It was to alleviate some financial strain.

I can't believe that you would sell the 702 evl and keep that 500 evl, you can get almost the same amount for either saw and I think they are close to the same weight. I would rather keep the 702 and dump that 500. Yes I know who this is (member here). Just sayin.

Echo CS 702EVL 24" bar chainsaw

I have both type saws and I believe the 702 is a bit heavier. Maybe he's wanting to keep a medium size saw. I agree with you though, I'd rather have the 702.

It's obviously me.
The 500VL was my grandfather's, first saw I ever ran, so it's got a permanent home purely for sentimental reasons. And I still really like running it, it's always my backup to my 600P.
The 702EVL was just a smoking deal. Just feeding the CAD. No attachment to it whatsoever.
And the 702 is considerably heavier than the 500.
Maybe once I get the 702 into some wood I'll change my mind.
Actually got an email asking if the 500 or PP655 were for sale instead. The last time I'll ever post a pic with any other saws in the background.

602vl

It's obviously me.
The 500VL was my grandfather's, first saw I ever ran, so it's got a permanent home purely for sentimental reasons. And I still really like running it, it's always my backup to my 600P.
The 702EVL was just a smoking deal. Just feeding the CAD. No attachment to it whatsoever.
And the 702 is considerably heavier than the 500.
Maybe once I get the 702 into some wood I'll change my mind.
Actually got an email asking if the 500 or PP655 were for sale instead. The last time I'll ever post a pic with any other saws in the background.

Echoshawn,
Do you think $150 is a good price on a 602VL in good condition? Sounds like it might be, but I know very little about these older Echos. Appears to be not quite as nice as your 702, but pretty close.

David

don't try to sell a PM55

I put a Mac PM55 on ebay twice at what I thought was a reasonable price considering the saw, got over 350 views, 40some watchers. The only responses I got were a few people asking me if I'd consider coming down on the price and/or the shipping price. I had to raise my shipping price when the Post Office raised theirs and the saw was worth more than I asked for it IMO. I lowered the price anyway a few dollars and still got people asking me if I'd lower it more. I removed it from the listings.

Latest posts

Back