I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a. palmer jr.
Like was said some saws always seem to do well on ebay, mostly Stihls and some rare saws in good shape. I put an 028 on there but I decided to start it out at over $100 in case I don't get many bidders. With something like a Wild Thing you'd better use a Buy It Now or you'll be selling it for the starting price. I saw a Poulan 25 listed at .99 and it never even sold for that.

Eccentric

Eccentric

Mister Wizard
Yep, pretty soft on Ebay right now. You're probably better off selling locally or using the buy it nows like your doing. Last week I picked up a Husky 288 for $26 ($61 shipped!) I never expected to win it(my max bid was $88) never mind getting it for just $26!?
The only saws I'm putting up on ebay right now are the ones that typically do well there(ms200T,272, 038 mag). I'll probably quit selling there in a few weeks until fall unless there is some major event that pushes saw sales.

How the heck did I miss that one? I have a saved search for 288XP. Probably didn't have XP in the title. Sometimes things pass through the cracks. It is indeed a soft market right now. Ebay goes in cycles...

Like was said some saws always seem to do well on ebay, mostly Stihls and some rare saws in good shape. I put an 028 on there but I decided to start it out at over $100 in case I don't get many bidders. With something like a Wild Thing you'd better use a Buy It Now or you'll be selling it for the starting price. I saw a Poulan 25 listed at .99 and it never even sold for that.

What was the shipping cost? Like I've said before.........that's what usually kills a Poulan XXV auction. That and there's usually about 200 XXV variants for sale at any given time. Makes it hard for an auction to go silly............unless the saw is branded A/C. Because there are so many up for sale, the auctions don't always get bid on before they end (with these 'common' saws).

$35 shipping (for example) makes a "$.99" XXV really cost $36. Unless I know the seller, I'm not going to pay that for a used XXV saw. If the saw gets bid up to $25 then that's a $60 saw. P/C's are too expensive to risk throwing $35-$60 or more on an unknown saw that I can pick up at a yard sale for $20 or less. Also, at the yard sale I can often convince the seller to allow me to pull the muffler cover to inspect the P/C...:D

Last edited:
a. palmer jr.
How the heck did I miss that one? I have a saved search for 288XP. Probably didn't have XP in the title. Sometimes things pass through the cracks. It is indeed a soft market right now. Ebay goes in cycles...

What was the shipping cost? Like I've said before.........that's what usually kills a Poulan XXV auction. That and there's usually about 200 XXV variants for sale at any given time. Makes it hard for an auction to go silly............unless the saw is branded A/C. Because there are so many up for sale, the auctions don't always get bid on before they end (with these 'common' saws).

$35 shipping (for example) makes a "$.99" XXV really cost $36. Unless I know the seller, I'm not going to pay that for a used XXV saw. If the saw gets bid up to $25 then that's a $60 saw. P/C's are too expensive to risk throwing $35-$60 or more on an unknown saw that I can pick up at a yard sale for $20 or less. Also, at the yard sale I can often convince the seller to allow me to pull the muffler cover to inspect the P/C...:D

The shipping wasn't that high on the .99 saw, I think it just got overlooked. I can show you a brand new looking 25 at a flea market that's been passed over for about a year now, I think he's asking around $40. As far as the postage. For me to ship a medium sized saw to your location would cost every bit of $35 and unless you would want to fly or drive to Indiana to pick it up that's the cheapest way to go. If I was wanting a saw I would look around me first before I shelled out a bunch of money to get one on ebay. Ebay should be a last resort.

Why do people salivate all over themselves to buy the Stihl top handle saws when the Poulan 25 and Micro 25 are much better saws and easier to work on. I've owned both, got rid of my 020 and kept the 25.

Last edited:
jerrycmorrow

jerrycmorrow

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
sld961

sld961

Addicted to ArboristSite
35 Gas weed trimmers for parts and saws - ect

http://scranton.craigslist.org/grd/3740906785.html

I have about 40 trimmers , 5 to 8 chain saws , snowblowers , tillers , ect, I will sell in lots ONLY!! , all trimmers in one , all saws in another, ect.Stihl, Echo ,Husqvarna, Johnsered, weedeater, Craftsman, troybuilt,I dont mess with 2-cycles . cal [...]

I called and this is what he told me:

Johnsered 625, air cleaner missing, had spark and compression

Poulan 220 pro

Homelite

Husky 35

Husky? 1521

Craftsman, small

Mac, small

Poulan 505, 36"bar with little wear, missing carb

Johnsered

Mac, small

$80 for all saws, plus any more saws he finds.

He also has a Mac 2 man saw with 4' bar for $200.

I'm sure this is a good score for somebody.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2