I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I saw that one. No MN/SN tag. Either it's an 1100CD with a transplanted 2100CD starter and 298/2101XP AF cover.............or it's a 2100CD (or 2101XP or 298XP) with a transplanted fuel tank. Clutch cover also looks to have a different paint 'fade' level and has what's left of a "professional" decal. Probably came off of the same 298XP or 2101XP that donated the AF cover.

Handlebar looks like it came from an 1100CD. AF is new. The fuel/oil tank matches what we've seen on early 1100CD's, as it has the 'offset' oil fill location. Later 1100CD's and all other saws in the series have 'lined up' fuel and oil fill locations. Doesn't have the seventh AV mount that attaches to the spike set in front of the saw either.

Last edited:
For you big saw afficionados. Looks like an Alpina 120 to me. It was posted over a month ago, but is still active. Indianapolis.
Alpina 24in Chainsaw

That may be a scammer (using a pic and wording from an old CL listing)...................as it sure looks like the A-90 that Brad picked up a while ago. Notice the wood starter handle. The starter cover decal is peeled in exactly the same way as Brad's saw too. IIRC the guy that scored the saw for Brad picked it up from a pawn shop in Indiana...

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/239709.htm

Last edited:

I saw that one. No MN/SN tag. Either it's an 1100CD with a transplanted 2100CD starter and 298/2101XP AF cover.............or it's a 2100CD (or 2101XP or 298XP) with a transplanted fuel tank. Clutch cover also looks to have a different paint 'fade' level and has what's left of a "professional" decal. Probably came off of the same 298XP or 2101XP that donated the AF cover.

Handlebar looks like it came from an 1100CD. AF is new. The fuel/oil tank matches what we've seen on early 1100CD's, as it has the 'offset' oil fill location. Later 1100CD's and all other saws in the series have 'lined up' fuel and oil fill locations. Doesn't have the seventh AV mount that attaches to the spike set in front of the saw either.

I believe my original post alluded to the fact that the "seller" is wrong. However I lack your affinity for verbal diarrhea. In other words.......................tl;dr

HAND& "I have a potty mouth"!:hmm3grin2orange:

I believe my original post alluded to the fact that the "seller" is wrong. However I lack your attention to detail and the ability to put my thoughts into words. In other words.......................you da smart.
:msp_thumbup:

Why thank you Jonathan. What a nice thing to say. I don't care what Tom sez...............you're alright in my book.:D

Mall 0MG chainsaw

This saw might be a collector's item - it's your call. Actually neither on eB or CL, but in a local pawn shop. Bozeman, MT. Here's what I could note from plates on the saw:
Mall 0MG
SN: J-30344
Assembly no. 48400

Then stamped on the chain bar:
4333 --- D15
63" chain

The bar has a homemade (plywood) sheath.

I didn't try to run the saw (but could ask).

To see pictures of a saw that is very similar, check out pictures 5 -8 at this url:

Hmm, I can't manage to link in the url. Here's how to navigate to the pix:

Go to the chainsawcollectors.se web page, register (you need to register at the site to see photos), then find the Model's Library (sic) section - there are only about 20 headings to choose from - and click on Mall. On the next page, select Mall 0MG to view the pix.

The shop tag is asking $348. I don't know whether they will negotiate a price. It has been there a week or more.

Its a 1100 or whatever the 80cc version was.

Looking closely at the picture of the air filter, you can faintly see the beyond worthless throttle linkage that the 1100 used. The 2100 used a bell crank setup on that case behind the AF..

That may be a scammer (using a pic and wording from an old CL listing)...................as it sure looks like the A-90 that Brad picked up a while ago. Notice the wood starter handle. The starter cover decal is peeled in exactly the same way as Brad's saw too. IIRC the guy that scored the saw for Brad picked it up from a pawn shop in Indiana...

Looks to me like your diagnosis is on the money; the wood pull-cord handle would be the telltale. Nice to see the back side from the pictures in your link.
I had tried to ID the saw from the photos on a swedish site, but only the 120 model was listed, not the A-90. Pretty similar from the flywheel side.
Often it seems that CL listings are not removed after a sale. Sorry if I caused hearts to race.

Those are two different saws, the peeled label is different. The one saw has an additional sticker on the starter cover. Do you think they all have wooden handels?

Uh Oh! Husqvarna 2100CD Compare 3120 394XP 99cc Chainsaw Ready to Work Guaranteed | eBay

Someone's gonna be sorely disappointed when they get that saw.................if it really did sell?

Its a 1100 or whatever the 80cc version was.

Looking closely at the picture of the air filter, you can faintly see the beyond worthless throttle linkage that the 1100 used. The 2100 used a bell crank setup on that case behind the AF..

The 1100CD was 99cc. 80-ish cc (actually 77cc) would be a 280CD or 380CD. A 480CD or 285CD would not have that black plastic rear handle (as used by the 1100, 280, and 380).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back