I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang....

I was in touch with a local guy on craigslist. He had a dolmar 7900 red top, looked to be in real nice shape. Post said, it went poof, 80lbs compression, doesn't run. He was asking $250 for it. Ok, a bit high for a rebuilder. He was willing to trade me for a Stihl 028wb I have for sale, straight up.
I was gonna go for it and get me a dolly! But he shot me an email not 6 hours after he had it posted that someone on EBAY bought it for $325. For a rebuilder!
Was it one of you guys? Huh? huh?
I was hoping for a 7900!

Dang....

I was in touch with a local guy on craigslist. He had a dolmar 7900 red top, looked to be in real nice shape. Post said, it went poof, 80lbs compression, doesn't run. He was asking $250 for it. Ok, a bit high for a rebuilder. He was willing to trade me for a Stihl 028wb I have for sale, straight up.
I was gonna go for it and get me a dolly! But he shot me an email not 6 hours after he had it posted that someone on EBAY bought it for $325. For a rebuilder!
I was hoping for a 7900!
No way is it worth that needing a top end!
People get stupid bidding on eBay saws. I paid $350 for mine, but I bought a full wrap, bigger spikes, and the HD air filter. So I have a little money into it, but I love that saw. It pulls a 28" bar with ease. :Dimage.jpg

No way is it worth that needing a top end!
People get stupid bidding on eBay saws. I paid $350 for mine, but I bought a full wrap, bigger spikes, and the HD air filter. So I have a little money into it, but I love that saw. View attachment 352537
I know! I told him "good for you getting that much for it"
I would have traded him straight up for my running 028. I don't really want it, and they don't really sell for more than $150 for a good one around here.
It looked to be real clean too...
If he hadn't put it on ebay I'd probably have it today, noone would pay that around here....

Dude, bigger spikes on a 7900? They aren't big enough already?!? :ices_rofl:

Dang....

I was hoping for a 7900!
Insane...I grabbed another 7900 off CL for $100. Needed a clutch cover, oil line, and some cleaning. 150 lbs compression. Awesome saws!

Latest posts

Back