I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if anyone is desperate enough to bid on this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270588250154&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

Does anyone get the feeling that the 090 market is a bit like the housing market a few years ago?

What a crock. It does not bring enough so he tells the buyer they cannot have it.

Question I bid on a saw just like this and got outbid, sold for 590. Is this the same saw, because pic looks like it. was the winner crazy or something else. THANKS 03-Jun-10
Answer Yes its the same saw. i made a mistake with the listing, i shoudnt have listed it with no reserve,i thought it was a shore thing,i guess people didnt trust my listing or something, its just as good or better then any of the other 090's listed right now,or that are avalible period.i feel bad for letting the prior winners down, but it would of ben to much of a loss for me, the only reason im selling it is because im broke and i havnt put it to use like i thought i would.

What a PIA:censored:

What a crock. It does not bring enough so he tells the buyer they cannot have it.

Question I bid on a saw just like this and got outbid, sold for 590. Is this the same saw, because pic looks like it. was the winner crazy or something else. THANKS 03-Jun-10
Answer Yes its the same saw. i made a mistake with the listing, i shoudnt have listed it with no reserve,i thought it was a shore thing,i guess people didnt trust my listing or something, its just as good or better then any of the other 090's listed right now,or that are avalible period.i feel bad for letting the prior winners down, but it would of ben to much of a loss for me, the only reason im selling it is because im broke and i havnt put it to use like i thought i would.

What a PIA:censored:

This could have been a violation of eBay's listing policy which states in so many words that the promise of payment and the offering of goods is a contract. The selling price of $590 is very low, but the buyer (as indeed he was) shouldn't be responsible for the seller's mistake. This seller is unethical by multiple standards.

This could have been a violation of eBay's listing policy which states in so many words that the promise of payment and the offering of goods is a contract. The selling price of $590 is very low, but the buyer (as indeed he was) shouldn't be responsible for the seller's mistake. This seller is unethical by multiple standards.

It could be that the winning bidder was extremely nice and had pity for a 'not so bright' seller.
I'm pretty sure that after bidding ends the buyer and seller can agree to negate the transaction.

However. Even though $590+shipping might be a bit on the low side, it still seems a fair price for a saw listed poorly. Ebay is a gamble after all.

It could be that the winning bidder was extremely nice and had pity for a 'not so bright' seller.
I'm pretty sure that after bidding ends the buyer and seller can agree to negate the transaction.

However. Even though $590+shipping might be a bit on the low side, it still seems a fair price for a saw listed poorly. Ebay is a gamble after all.

Agreed.

attachment.php

It wouldn't have been a gamble for that seller if he'd put a reserve on it. Probably the real reason he didn't is because ebay charges you extra to put a reserve on anything. Like he said, he thought it would bring more. People are crazy about Stihl chainsaws but nothing on ebay is a lock. Buying on ebay, on the other hand is a gamble unless you're familiar with the seller and know he's honest.

It wouldn't have been a gamble for that seller if he'd put a reserve on it. Probably the real reason he didn't is because ebay charges you extra to put a reserve on anything. Like he said, he thought it would bring more. People are crazy about Stihl chainsaws but nothing on ebay is a lock. Buying on ebay, on the other hand is a gamble unless you're familiar with the seller and know he's honest.

:agree2:

Wood chipper

Anyone need a chipper?
I'm assuming he means vermeer, lol
http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/for/1772392196.html

Vaneer Industrial wood chipper - $795 (akron, OH)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-06-02, 8:47PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vaneer Industrial Wood Chipper 6 cylinder Ford motor
330-701-1791

I was watching that 090 on ebay, and wanted to bid, but all my play money for saws is tied up in an 066 rebuild... That being said, If I had bid and he pulled that crap... IDE BE BULL ****

I've had several saws that sold for less than they should have but I went ahead and bit the bullet and shipped it to them. I didn't even know that ebay would allow someone to back out of a deal once the bidding is over!

Extremely nice and forgiving buyer - he gave the seller positive feedback???:dizzy::dizzy:

The seller's sad story of being broke sure matches his user name "onthebeachinhawaii"..:monkey:

Latest posts

Back