I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not all are crazy.Ya' just gotta watch for the bargains.

I just got an 029 Super, lean seize with a spare parts saw that had a like new top end.The parts saw had been run over.Kept the P&C and ebayed the rest of the good parts for a total of $114.

He wanted $150 and I offered $75 and he bit.

People are crazy about Stihl chainsaws, running or not. Just look on ebay, you never see a Stihl that doesn't have any bids after 1 day. You can put a perfectly good running Homelite or Poulan on there and sometimes not get more than a $10 bid and you'll be lucky if you get more than 3 or 4 bids in the 7 days that it's listed but most Stihls will get 30 to 40 bids even if they look worn out. I've looked all around the local flea markets looking for bargains on Stihl but have only found one this year and I had to do plenty of work on it to get it to run like it should.

yup, makes more sense to buy Stihl new and buy everything else used. Although the term 'XP' does make some folks get creative with the pricing too. There are some really beat down husky's asking top dollar too

I see both extremes on CL. Some are steals and some are rips.

People are crazier than anybody! That saying never made sense to me. My friend at work says it all the time. I don't think it is supposed to make sense though.:)

I've noticed the same, my rule of thumb is if its used it shouldnt be more then half retail.

Check THIS one out !! LOL !!!
i emailed him and told him he put an extra zero on the end !!
he said they sell on ebay for $800 !!!

http://nh.craigslist.org/tls/1874947854.html

Attention tree cutters - $400 (Hampton)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-08-01, 2:33PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Antique David Bradley chainsaw model 5G-21 ( gear drive ). Believe its a 1960 model, originaly from sears . Runs good , needs a good clean and tune up . 20 inch bar , this thing is a beast!!

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1874947854

Check THIS one out !! LOL !!!
i emailed him and told him he put an extra zero on the end !!
he said they sell on ebay for $800 !!!

http://nh.craigslist.org/tls/1874947854.html

Attention tree cutters - $400 (Hampton)

Date: 2010-08-01, 2:33PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Antique David Bradley chainsaw model 5G-21 ( gear drive ). Believe its a 1960 model, originaly from sears . Runs good , needs a good clean and tune up . 20 inch bar , this thing is a beast!!

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1874947854

Yep............I've passed up several of those old David Bradley's on Craigslist for under $100. They don't bring much $$$, and I've gotta draw the CAD line somewhere...:monkey:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I just swapped a Husqvarna 55 and $20 for a running 268!!!!:jawdrop:

The Craig add said he wanted to swap for a smaller saw.

268 husqvarna chainsaw 66.7cc trade for smaller saw

:wave:

Latest posts

Back