I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The air filter cover and handle mount are give aways.
Seen different recoils on them as well.
After another look, the tank it self bolt pattern is a good identification to narrow down the ID.

Damn ttaM!! gettin' down with the yeller saws, HUH??

we still gonna d some trading someday? I still need some parts?! 55 stuff, as well as others.

J

he is but................

I called this a$$hole today and he raised the price to $175 since so many people were calling. I told him that was bullsh1t and he was an a$$ for doing that!:censored::censored::censored:

it's still a great deal.If i was closer i'd buy it in a heartbeat.I paid $600 for the one I have now.

it's still a great deal.If i was closer i'd buy it in a heartbeat.I paid $600 for the one I have now.
There was one here the other day for $75, 1/2 hr. drive from me.
I was tied up at work and couldn't talk my wife into going after it. :mad:

For me, the example of this idiocy is the McCulloch saw listings. I've seen "Maculog", "Mccullogh", "Mcullough", and several other butcherings of the grand old saw name in listings..................many with PICTURES of the damn saw with "McCulloch" CLEARLY visible on the saw. Just look at the damn saw and type one letter at a time you IDIOT....:dizzy::censored:

LOL +1 :cheers:

Hmmmm.
I keep seeing Macs with that style of AF cover with the cover installed backwards on fleabay and CL. The opening is supposed to face the operator.............not the log. Guess the idiots think it looks more like an air scoop on a musclecar that way.

That might be his way of "priming" the saw. When refueling, just give it a little splash of mix down into the airbox. :popcorn: :D

Young Matt is still in the Mcculloch learning
stages. But he's catching on quick.

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Lee

Hey, as long as you have a internet connection, the information and help here is priceless!!!! I bet in 5 years, I will still be asking questions that should be common knowledge!

Most of a Stihl MS460 in pieces - $125 (Mechanicsburg, Pa)

Stihl 460 ~ 046 For Parts or Rebuild - $125 (Mechanicsburg)
Date: 2010-10-10, 1:14PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Stihl 460 / 046 Parts Chain Saw.
The case is in good shape and is already split.
The saw is complete except missing the main bearings, bearing seals, bar cover, bar nuts, and bar.
The case is the new style twist-n-lock caps.
The tank/handle assembly is the old style plastic screw in cap.
Can seperate the parts if there is something in particular you are looking for.

Ad will be deleted when parts are sold or I decide to put this on an auction style site
* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests.
http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/tls/1998796527.html

Posted about 4 hours ago.

Hey, as long as you have a internet connection, the information and help here is priceless!!!! I bet in 5 years, I will still be asking questions that should be common knowledge!

Even i ask questions and sometimes
question myself. We can't know it all.
Thats the joy we keep on learning.

Lee

Even i ask questions and sometimes
question myself. We can't know it all.
Thats the joy we keep on learning.

:agree2: Amen. Without the Internet I'd never have learned to fix chainsaws most likely, as well as small engines, old radios, appliances, and on and on. You can solve many problems and parts procurement issues quickly before becoming too discouraged. Plus someone who's seen the problem lots can so often save you LOTS of time. There's bad advice out there too of course, but there always has been even over the back fence. I've known many Vermonters who use chainsaws a lot, but none of them really know how to fix one though they likely work on their cars, trucks, and tractors.

John H.

Mall electric chainsaw $60 (Baltimore, Md)

Electric chain saw, screw shooter - $60 (Forest Hill)

17" Mall electric chain saw 2500 RPM; Milwaukee Magnum Screw Shooter; Both for $60.00. You pick up. Call 410-879-2163 and leave message.
3k13mc3lf5Q35X55S6aaa4c1da044366e10c1.jpg

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/tls/1999216905.html

I don't know what made me click on that ad but the saw in the picture sure is novel looking, and appears to be far more stoutly built than any electric chainsaw I've ever seen.

Forest Hill is a neighborhood in Baltimore city, about 30 or 40 minutes from my house. If one of you Mall collectors wants that thing I may be able to pick it up for you.

I saw that and wondered if maybe they put the decimal in the wrong place???

Fact is I looked through a lot of pages of McCulloch chain saws on e-Bay and thought most seemed to be pretty high priced. Some of the sales pitches to go with them are pretty amusing as well. Good thing e-Bay has no "truth in advertising" clause or a lot of those folks would be in trouble.

Two I especially liked: "I can get it to run, do you think you can?" and "If it runs send it back-I sent the wrong one"

Mark

Y'all don't bid on that Mac, OK? I'm about to head to the credit union to see about getting a loan, and I sure hope that we get the paperwork done and approved before the auction ends.

Latest posts

Back