I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like BS to me... However, if it was something like this formula, I can't see where it would hurt anything:

http://leesracing.com/fuelspec/g3.html

You'd of thought he could at least clean the bar off for the pics, though.

I use 110 leaded in all my saws its 6 bucks a gallon but Ive never had any gas issue goes bad, ethanol, ect plus a like the smell of high octane 2 stroke.

warning!!!!!!

I clicked on that antique shopper link(above), and got a virus. Max threat, at that. My webroot system caught it, though.

we;;, I just had to make sure he knew it was 55, not 65cc....and it would never pull a 34" bar... fairly nicely...

my reply: FYI,
>
> your saw is 3.4cu in, or 55cc.
>
> max bar size for it to ACTUALLY cut with should be 20". it will never pull that
> length bar...
>
> but for a supposed buyer to find out; if that's what you prefer.
>
> Very familiar with the saw...so figured id let you know..
>
> take care, and good luck with your sale.
>

this is the typical A-hole response:

"

Well ur an idiot then because it rips thru everything just fine smart guy and it has a different engine tommy tough nuts"
:rolleyes:

so, i'm going away, cause I'm an idiot for knowing something about his saw...

unless he fit a PM700 block in it :D

J

Well he told you...........................Mr. Tommy Tough Nuts!!!:ices_rofl:

Bottom line...I shouldn't have even bothered...and I know better...but I don't have an anger management problem...I have a STUPID PEOPLE problem.... :laugh:

just trying to help self-destructive mankind from killing itself.... :rolleyes:

Stupid people shouldn't breed:bang:

You've got that right. I've gone through the same thing myself. There's a punk in Sacramento that has been listing a Homelite C-52 on and off for over a year. His listings always have some variation of "Huge Monster Chainsaw with 88cc of Power! Too much saw for me". I emailed him several times, telling him that a C5/51/52 is 77cc. He ignored me for a while, then eventualy blew me off with an illegible, stoopid-ass text-message style comment like you got Jay...:givebeer:

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/tls/2047492833.html

Heavy Duty Homelite 2000 auto Chainsaw.
30" bar & chain. Sharp & you have to start.
Powerful large saw. $275. CASH ONLY.

916--652-0923 for information or location.

We've discussed that one here a few times over the last year or so. He originaly listed it for something like $500, and has been slowly lowering the price. The consensus is that the saw is actualy an XP1000 or XP1020 based on some of the physical charactaristics that we can see in the photos. IIRC, some guys here have attempted to discuss it with the seller via email, with success similar to what Jay got above....

Last edited:
There is an Echo 1001vl with 36" bar on ebay now, starting bid is $500. Have to wait and see if anyone bites at that price.

I offered him that much a few weeks ago via email and i would like to have it but i just wrote a check for $111,000.00 and i don't have a job...Bob

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-ECHO-CHAIN...723910495?pt=US_Chainsaws&hash=item3a604f435f

Bob,

As you know the seller was offered good money but felt no need to respond to offers which is just down right rude:cry:

Now as for writing a check for $111,000 with no job. I will assure you I have been there. I bought one house over the break table when I was working as a temp years ago. Today I was at a auction where I was twicthing at $7700/acre.

Bill

picked up an original owner husky 61 for 30 bux on craigslist :D
needs a new top cover and some carb work but its really clean for 25 y/o
Just beat out some other whore who had called the seller, it was great.

Last edited:
Back