I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
monstah saw

This just went up on atlanta craigslist, some old giant homie with a huge bar..I ain't got the scratch for it meselfs, else I would go get it..there are hundreds/thousands of big tree trunks still laying around this region from the storms last spring...proly pay for it self many times over on cleanup calls...

BIG chainsaw, Homelite 100cc

This just went up on atlanta craigslist, some old giant homie with a huge bar..I ain't got the scratch for it meselfs, else I would go get it..there are hundreds/thousands of big tree trunks still laying around this region from the storms last spring...proly pay for it self many times over on cleanup calls...

It's an xp1020.

I sold that saw on ebay a while back. There are better pics on here somewhere. It sold for more than what he's asking IIRC and that was without the bar. It was a very nice saw when it left me and ran like a top, new rings, bearings, seals, etc. Not a perfect resto but, to pretty for me to keep. :D

Last edited:

More like 1965-1968 or so. I have one that's identical to that aside from condition.

I wouldn't pay that much, but the market's going nuts. I'd LOVE to have that bar for my 1130G. That XP1020 would run it,but it's realy a bit much for a 100cc direct drive saw. 30-43" or so is a better match.

IMO $320 is a little too much for a Homelite 1020 in that condition, and that bar is too long for the saw.

no manual oil pump.

That is one of the reasons for sure, but it was actually the last one I noted. First one I noted was the top cover, there are no one piece covers that will fit the 285-2101 series saws, and the entire fuel tank is incorrect. If I were a betting man I would lay odds that is a 80cc 480CD.

Last edited:
It's an xp1020.

I sold that saw on ebay a while back. There are better pics on here somewhere. It sold for more than what he's asking IIRC and that was without the bar. It was a very nice saw when it left me and ran like a top, new rings, bearings, seals, etc. Not a perfect resto but, to pretty for me to keep. :D

That's interesting. I wonder if it stayed in that good of shape. Ya, the big bar got my attention. I've only seen a few bars around this area that size, all sitting on the floor at a saw shop on high end husky's that were going back to work. Besides that, 20 is about what I see for a big bar around here.

Husqvarna 2100CD Chainsaw | eBay

In case anyone is interested in this saw let me be the first to tell you it is not a 100cc saw. Who can tell me how I knew this within seconds of seeing the pictures?

One piece cover, and there isn't the usual two screw access point for the adjustable oiler below, and to the rear of the recoil. Also the saw looks smaller than my 2100 inside that full wrap handle, but that could be just me looking through the wrong part of my glasses again.....LOL

One piece cover, and there isn't the usual two screw access point for the adjustable oiler below, and to the rear of the recoil. Also the saw looks smaller than my 2100 inside that full wrap handle, but that could be just me looking through the wrong part of my glasses again.....LOL

Looks like the seller has revised his listing to say it is a 380CD, that sounds a little better.

Husqvarna 380CD Chainsaw I think | eBay

Back