I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is one of the reasons for sure, but it was actually the last one I noted. First one I noted was the top cover, there are no one piece covers that will fit the 285-2101 series saws, and the entire fuel tank is incorrect. If I were a betting man I would lay odds that is a 80cc 480CD.

Well Johnnie, I still could be a 100cc saw. It could be a 1100 Cd. They came with either a 1 or 2 piece top cover so why would the 1 picec cover not fit a 2100?

The 2 piece cover on my 1100 was the same as a 2100 cover and I know the 1 piece for them fit the others as well.

Holy crap! That's a lotta saw........for a lotta money. I hate it when ebay guys put a whole bunch of model numbers and other unrelated keywords in their title. Asses up searches. Let the damn thing speak for itself. At least he didn't put "kart" or "kartsaw" in the title.......:msp_rolleyes:

Will be interesting to see how much it goes for. Saw auctions are starting to get STUPID. If it was BIN for $1200 or so, then that'd make sense to me. That's the OTD cost of an MS660 with a full wrap and a 32" bar. Probably will go for twice that however. I see there's already a bid...:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Last edited:
Holy crap! That's a lotta saw........for a lotta money. I hate it when ebay guys put a whole bunch of model numbers and other unrelated keywords in their title. Asses up searches. Let the damn thing speak for itself. At least he didn't put "kart" or "kartsaw" in the title.......:msp_rolleyes:

Will be interesting to see how much it goes for. Saw auctions are starting to get STUPID. If it was BIN for $1200 or so, then that'd make sense to me. That's the OTD cost of an MS660 with a full wrap and a 32" bar. Probably will go for twice that however. I see there's already a bid...:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

I sure would love to own it.
But a bit rich for me.

Lee

Well Johnnie, I still could be a 100cc saw. It could be a 1100 Cd. They came with either a 1 or 2 piece top cover so why would the 1 picec cover not fit a 2100?

The 2 piece cover on my 1100 was the same as a 2100 cover and I know the 1 piece for them fit the others as well.

I had no idea that the 1100 had a one piece cover option, learned something new today, but the rear handle is not right for a 1100. The 1100 had a two piece rear handle, the top portion of the handle was a separate piece that bolted onto the tank, and the 180-380 series had a one piece rear handle.

I had no idea that the 1100 had a one piece cover option, learned something new today, but the rear handle is not right for a 1100. The 1100 had a two piece rear handle, the top portion of the handle was a separate piece that bolted onto the tank, and the 180-380 series had a one piece rear handle.

Johnnie, I'm with you in your thinking that that saw is a 480. Was just pointing out that the one piece covers will interchange.

Your wrong about the handles on the 180-280 and 380 as there all 2 piece just like you pointed out on the 1100.

The only one piece without a manual oiler I think is the 480, 285 and 298. The 285 and 298 would have been a 2 piece cover though so that makes the 480 look like it is what it is even more.

Latest posts

Back