I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aargh. If only you had this for sale when I bought that Dolmar from you. If you are coming to the GTG on 03/31 I'll buy it from you. Otherwise the shipping would be a deal breaker.

Sold almost as quick as I posted it and USPS Priority Mail shipping to PA was only $12.50, I did the deal for $40 even. I will be at the GTG and I will keep a eye out for another case. I do have a Husqvarna case but it is one with the fixed bar cover, with the size of the box required the shipping would be quite high on it.

Husqvarna Chainsaw 18''
I was thinking about $150-$200 trevor

350s were a good, consumer saw, gotta be a few years old. Sold for around $350 new, and you can get the replacement 450 for about the same price, new, with a warranty, manual, scrench, etc. The case goes for $40 ($30 in black if it does not say 'Husqvarna' on it). Dealers were throwing them in for free in September.

He's not telling you a lot about the saw (compression, wear, damage, etc.), although the bar looks like it has seen a lot of wear even in that small photo. New bar is $30, new chain is $20 - more if you quote retail prices. And it's a consumer saw, so if parts are bad, it is not as easy to replace as on some pro saws, and it will not have as long a service life.

Check it out and see what condition it is in. Scraped up case may indicate hard use. Worn sprocket may indicate that it was not well maintained. Was he the original owner (receipt)? Try to check the compression and cut with it. $150 if its in really good condition and you need it.

JMHO

Philbert

First Husky 2100 I have ever seen with a chain brake that is not bent. I put a bid on it, even though I already have one.....

I bought a saw from that guy years ago, an ultra-clean western style 272. It might have had four hours on it. He was good to deal with.

I had the 272 for a couple months and then a local logging company that uses the 272 exclusively as their landing saws traded me a NIB
Lewis winch and an 084 parts saw straight across for it, as the 272 had been discontinued for a long time at that point.

Husqvarna Chainsaw 18''
I was thinking about $150-$200
trevor

350s were a good, consumer saw, gotta be a few years old. Sold for around $350 new, and you can get the replacement 450 for about the same price, new, with a warranty, manual, scrench, etc. The case goes for $40 ($30 in black if it does not say 'Husqvarna' on it). Dealers were throwing them in for free in September.

He's not telling you a lot about the saw (compression, wear, damage, etc.), although the bar looks like it has seen a lot of wear even in that small photo. New bar is $30, new chain is $20 - more if you quote retail prices. And it's a consumer saw, so if parts are bad, it is not as easy to replace as on some pro saws, and it will not have as long a service life.

Check it out and see what condition it is in. Scraped up case may indicate hard use. Worn sprocket may indicate that it was not well maintained. Was he the original owner (receipt)? Try to check the compression and cut with it. $150 if its in really good condition and you need it.

JMHO

Philbert

There was also a whole rash of refurbished 350's that sold for something like $275 at TSC. I do agree though that $150-$175 would be a much better deal as long as the saw runs well and checks out, plus the aftermarket companies are producing a endless supply of parts.

2 Foot MALL CHAIN SAW Mdl A 12

2 Foot MALL CHAIN SAW Mdl A 12 - $220 (St Clair Pa 17970 )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2012-01-24, 12:27PM EST
Reply to: see below [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This saw is a ripping machine.Have a few mor here and they are in good working order .

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

mall1.jpg

mall2.jpg

Back