I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now he is on the hunt for more. Anyone up for some late night contract/hit work to take him out:yoyo:

I wonder how many saws people find this way? I am kind of guessing not that many. Maybe I shoudl call him and see if he wants to buy my Mac110:laugh:

If he is competition then take him out.......... I usually leave them alone unless they get to posting to often, I renew my ad every 5-7 days.

I have found many saws using my CL wanted ad, including a Homelite 750 just a week ago. I also have a line on a group of Poulans that I am trying to work a deal on now, biggest thing holding me up is the saws are 200 miles away and shipping would cost me as much as the gas to go get them.

Brian, buy a 346XP NE replacement p & c and don't look back.Brian, buy a 346XP NE replacement p & c and don't look back.
huang3.jpg

huang2.jpg

huang4.jpg

Here is another one for you Aaron. Hopefully you don't stroke out...

older mc collauhn chainsaw

older mc collauhn chainsaw

Sigh...

That's yet another new one for me.

If he is competition then take him out....... I usually leave them alone unless they get to posting to often, I renew my ad every 5-7 days.

I have found many saws using my CL wanted ad, including a Homelite 750 just a week ago. I also have a line on a group of Poulans that I am trying to work a deal on now, biggest thing holding me up is the saws are 200 miles away and shipping would cost me as much as the gas to go get them.

By "take them out" do you mean flag them for removal? Why "take them out" just because they are another guy looking for saws? If you are at a yard sale where there are chainsaws, do you bully other folks so they stay out of your turf? Do you key their car or slash their tires? Of course not.

Some jackass kept flagging my CL want ad for removal. Kept killing it as soon as I posted it. It was sometimes gone within 15 minutes. I wasn't overposting. Always deleted my ad (so as not to 'clutter' up the index) before reposting. Always waited at least a week. Some ####head saw me as competition and "took me out"...

Got them to lay off for a while by rewording my ad with "I am NOT looking for Stihl chainsaws. Please don't flag my ad, I am ONLY looking for old Homelite, McCulloch, and Poulan/DaytonCraftsman saws for my own use. I am NOT doing this as a business." Worked for a few weeks before somebody "took me out" again. There are a few guys with "wanted, Stihl chainsaws" and "I will take your old chainsaws, mowers, trimmers, and other yard equipment" type ads. One or more of them didn't like me in their turf. I'm done ranting. Time to hit the rack after a LONG day/night.
:angrysoapbox:

By "take them out" do you mean flag them for removal? Why "take them out" just because they are another guy looking for saws? If you are at a yard sale where there are chainsaws, do you bully other folks so they stay out of your turf? Do you key their car or slash their tires? Of course not.

I will flag them if it gets to be the same person posting the same ad 2-3 times a week and/or in multiple categories/cities, no since in that. Most of them are looking for "big brand" modern saws that are practically free, which are saws that really do not interest me unless I can turn a profit. Mind you that my one or two flags is not enough to actually get someones ad pulled.

Some jackass kept flagging my CL want ad for removal. Kept killing it as soon as I posted it. It was sometimes gone within 15 minutes. I wasn't overposting. Always deleted my ad (so as not to 'clutter' up the index) before reposting. Always waited at least a week. Some ####head saw me as competition and "took me out"...

Got them to lay off for a while by rewording my ad with "I am NOT looking for Stihl chainsaws. Please don't flag my ad, I am ONLY looking for old Homelite, McCulloch, and Poulan/DaytonCraftsman saws for my own use. I am NOT doing this as a business." Worked for a few weeks before somebody "took me out" again. There are a few guys with "wanted, Stihl chainsaws" and "I will take your old chainsaws, mowers, trimmers, and other yard equipment" type ads. One or more of them didn't like me in their turf. I'm done ranting. Time to hit the rack after a LONG day/night.
:angrysoapbox:

If your ad was getting pulled that quick then it was CL pulling it, the changing of the wording is what got their computers to stop auto flagging your ad. The CL computers do not go by each user account but by similar ads placed in the same city, the other saw seekers flooding the boards with wanted ads in 2-3 different categories is causing you to get flagged in the "crossfire". Another thing that can get you is posting a wanted ad in a "for sale" category like "Farm & Garden", there is a special category for wanted ads. One last problem I have run into is mentioning possible trades anywhere other than the "Barter" category.

I use my CL ad more to search for particular saws, like that 750 I just got, and "word of mouth" does the rest for me. Once I got talking to the seller of that 750 he said he had more saws he might sale but did not have time to deal with it at the moment, so I handed him a business card with my contact info. He mentioned his brother also had some old saws so I handed him a second card, I am now meeting with them both this Wednesday to look through what they have....... I have people, that I have previously bought saws from, calling me all the time because they have other saws or seen a bunch of saws laying somewhere.

I try to post a want ad on CL every couple days. There are like 4 or 5 others that also post their ad and then they flag mine. So we play the game...they flag mine...I flag theirs...

Sent from my HTC EVO via Tapatalk

By the way, never got anything good. But if someday I get a real big Homie or mac for nearly free....it will be worth it.

Sent from my HTC EVO via Tapatalk

If he is competition then take him out.......... I usually leave them alone unless they get to posting to often, I renew my ad every 5-7 days.

Johnnie, if those saws are up this way I might be able to help you out. Are you going to the GTG?

Johnnie, if those saws are up this way I might be able to help you out. Are you going to the GTG?

They are in that direction and the current plan is I am going to meet the man somewhere along the way when I go to the GTG, I invited him to meet me at the GTG but he did not really seem that interested. Seller says he is in no hurry for the money so I am going to use that to my advantage.

With the sealed plug I wonder if it wasn't used to transfer fuel somehow. I would think you need a few more parts than whats there, couplings and hoses and such.

There is a decal on the filter cover that instructs the operator the reel the cable back in before storing the unit, so I would assume it is some kind winch setup. I do agree though that there must be additional pieces to what ever it may be. I believe this is actually the second one of these that has been listed on Ebay, the first one had better paint and additional decals indicating the company who had made the modifications.

Because words like old, antique and vintage are great attention getters. Same deal as the people who use "RARE" in all their auction titles for run of the mill junk.

Because words like old, antique and vintage are great attention getters. Same deal as the people who use "RARE" in all their auction titles for run of the mill junk.

I understand that, but perhaps you miss my point...(sarcasm is hard to convey in print).

Would you choose to put an old, antique, or vintage oil seal in one of your saws?

Good point but I would actually choose vintage OEM over a unknown quality aftermarket.

I wouldn't if "vintage" meant it was sitting on a shelf for 20 years getting brittle.

Anyway, rep to you for guessing my 266 was a 181 after all! Now if I could only find a reasonable tank/handle......

I wouldn't if "vintage" meant it was sitting on a shelf for 20 years getting brittle.

Anyway, rep to you for guessing my 266 was a 181 after all! Now if I could only find a reasonable tank/handle......

He's a member here I think so hopefully he can explain it. I wouldnt put a old antique seal in my saw.

Vintage McCulloch Gas Powered Winch For Parts Or Repair | eBay

There is a decal on the filter cover that instructs the operator the reel the cable back in before storing the unit, so I would assume it is some kind winch setup. I do agree though that there must be additional pieces to what ever it may be.

I'd say the title, which says "Vintage McCulloch Gas Powered Winch", is a clue to the fact that it is a winch. The "reel in the cable" also seems to confirm that diagnosis.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.:taped:

Latest posts

Back