I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a listing for a new stihl 200t from a seller with no sales or feedback and offers no PayPay. He's also promoting sales to his website for so-called new equipment at discounted prices. Something smells fishy to me. Will be watching this listing.

Stihl ms200t | eBay

Power-Sawz-Inc

If this is someone here, please defend yourself.

The eBay seller is in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania. That sounds familiar.

Here's a listing for a new stihl 200t from a seller with no sales or feedback and offers no PayPay. He's also promoting sales to his website for so-called new equipment at discounted prices. Something smells fishy to me. Will be watching this listing.

Stihl ms200t | eBay

Power-Sawz-Inc

I will bet those are Chinese knockoffs.

+ 100

Philbert

That's my gut feeling too. Have there been chinese MS200T copies out before? If not, then it was only a matter of time. Arborists are in love with the things and will gladly pay good money for them (and #### on anyone who dares state that the saws are overpriced). There's obviously a market for 'em if they can catch buyers unaware......

You going to drive over there and check them out?

Do it JP. Go check out "Powersawz" for us.......:D

That's my gut feeling too. Have there been chinese MS200T copies out before? If not, then it was only a matter of time. Arborists are in love with the things and will gladly pay good money for them (and #### on anyone who dares state that the saws are overpriced). There's obviously a market for 'em if they can catch buyers unaware......

No address or phone number listed on website. Also zippo from a Google search. What they do have is a way of collecting your money.

No address or phone number listed on website. Also zippo from a Google search. What they do have is a way of collecting your money.

So no way to contact them if anything should not be to your liking. Any business so hidden does not deserve my money.

It is about an hour away, and Wilkes-Barre is a pretty big city. Without a street address I would be SOL. The small pic of a chainsaw on a box is very typical of the chinese knockoff pictures that I have seen before.

STIHL-CHAINSAW-MS-230-chainsaw-parts-sale-HOT-SALE.summ.jpg

Last edited:

Stihl ms200t | eBay

Power-Sawz-Inc

The whole thing is s scam

when you go to the site a freeweb site cookie pops up on my cookie blocker.
( no legitimate buisness uses a free website)

their about page says they have been in buisness for 4 years and they sell brand new 880's for 800 bucks.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

About

Power Sawz Inc. was founded in 2008 in Wilkes-Barre, Pa. We started buying broken chain saws, fixing them and giving them new life. After years of hard work and dedication to growth we have become a well known supplier of new and used chain saws of all makes and models.

We strive to be the very best and customer oriented. We value your business and hope YOU become a life long customer.

whoever sends them money will undoubtedly never see it or a saw again.;)

The whole thing is s scam

when you go to the site a freeweb site cookie pops up on my cookie blocker.
( no legitimate buisness uses a free website)

their about page says they have been in buisness for 4 years and they sell brand new 880's for 800 bucks.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

About

Power Sawz Inc. was founded in 2008 in Wilkes-Barre, Pa. We started buying broken chain saws, fixing them and giving them new life. After years of hard work and dedication to growth we have become a well known supplier of new and used chain saws of all makes and models.

We strive to be the very best and customer oriented. We value your business and hope YOU become a life long customer.

whoever sends them money will undoubtedly never see it or a saw again.;)

I just checked their profile page and they are coming up as "no longer a registered user"

LINK

And Stihl has a royal coniption fit if you sell their product over the net. I contacted a seller through Alibaba about one of those 075 clones. That was as far as it went.

I am about 99% sure anything saw related you see on alibaba is a hoax-scam.

I have seen a bunch of saws I personaly new listed on that site and
being sold for much cheaper and, or if you ordered 50 at a time. :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

Including rare saws like 090AV's and other rare gear drives like the 090G, 041G and the Homelite 770 GS stick shift
along with all the popular pro saws.

Monkey Ward Saw

Chain Saw

Interesting little saw popped up here on CL. Anyone know much about this little chip-tosser? Yes, I know I have been underground for a few months, but things have been a bit demanding here lately without much in the way of discretionary time. It may lighten up come June or July but I'm hanging on for now. Have not forgot my arboristsite buddies, just been distracted by other demands.
Any thoughts on this? It may be hard for me to pass up a monster saw like this on the local market. 30cc pulling a 10" bar? Yikes!!

Latest posts

Back