I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the most expensive PM650 you will ever see. Same power as an 066 Magnum.

Chainsaws For Sale

bob

I learned a valuable lesson when opening links in this thread.............don't drink a carbonated beverage at the same time, because it burns really bad coming out the ol' schnozz........LOL!!!

That seller is an absolute "loon"

Cluelessness and arrogance don't mix well. I have to wonder if Steve ever actually sells any saws.

This is the most expensive PM650 you will ever see. Same power as an 066 Magnum.

Chainsaws For Sale

bob

There's a slight chance that rube may be talking about a PM850 rather than a PM650 since he does later mention 3.7ci PM610 types saws. Even if he IS selling a PM850, he's still talking a lotta BS and is WAY out there on the price. In any case, he's going to be sitting on those for a while. $140 for a Homelite XL!:D

There's a slight chance that rube may be talking about a PM850 rather than a PM650 since he does later mention 3.7ci PM610 types saws. Even if he IS selling a PM850, he's still talking a lotta BS and is WAY out there on the price. In any case, he's going to be sitting on those for a while. $140 for a Homelite XL!:D

Yeah but Steve has a Johnsered 451E Mint Condition Like New Runs Awesome $1500.00 :ices_rofl:

That's actually a Super 25 DA (S25DA). People often mistake the "D" for a "0" on those. Very clean looking example with a case. Not too far off from what I'd pay for one in that condition if it was local.

Between Johnnie's recent haul & that ad, I'm getting a serious itch for lime-green Poulan saw case.

I would figure a running saw would be worth $50 by itself, so $10 for the case sounds like a deal to me. That is only the second case I remember ever seeing. Now that could be because I have never really looked for one until I just found the one I have or they could be a rarer item. ModifiedMark mentioned that he remembers the cases from the early years of the saws and that he believes my case is probably much older than the saw I got with it.

Figured this was the best place to post this info......

Lookie at what Wal-Mart is selling now. Looks like Remington name is back yet again.

Walmart.com: Remington Rodeo 20" Chainsaw: Garden Center

Walmart.com: Remington Rodeo 18" Chainsaw: Garden Center

$250? Crikey. It'll be interesting to see who's making those things. If they stock them in the stores I'll be sure to take a look. May be online only..........so if unless somebody actually buys one of 'em, we'll never know the origin of these saws........ I wonder if they're related to the recent chinese "mcculloch" chainsaws like the POS Mark was recently fixing for a friend.....

$250? Crikey. It'll be interesting to see who's making those things. If they stock them in the stores I'll be sure to take a look. May be online only..........so if unless somebody actually buys one of 'em, we'll never know the origin of these saws........ I wonder if they're related to the recent chinese "mcculloch" chainsaws like the POS Mark was recently fixing for a friend.....

I saw them at Menards today and they don't look as nice as the Poulan 2050 one that Modified Mark wrote up about. On the surface to me it looked very cheap. Strange spring pull cord to start system (kind of like easy start on Dolmar, not a fan of this on my 5105).

It does not have safety chain though which surprised me.

I'm still stuck on the $575 unused 021. I believe you could buy TWO MS-211's plus extras brand new at the dealer for that kind of coin!

I'm still stuck on the $575 unused 021. I believe you could buy TWO MS-211's plus extras brand new at the dealer for that kind of coin!

There's people who want a saw of some size to do some work, then there are "collectors". Collectors will always pay more for a widget that fits their collection, than a brand x similar widget with the wrong name on it. Just how it goes.

2012 muscle car with a macho name on it, some animal or another. A 60s muscle car brand new barn find 4.2 miles on it immaculate shape....the new car will be better in all aspects, more stock horsepower and torque, better handling, double the mileage, tons more creature comforts, etc... the old NIB model will fetch more money from a collector. Eventually. the seller may have to wait, but if they ain't sweating the money right now, they can wait until next year or the next year or the next year, eventually they will get their price as the old stuff gets older and rarer.

The only time this changes is when a society collapses, then the antiques/collectors market shoots to the basement and more practical stuff (like food) becomes more valuable.

Chain Saws by MTD Products

Latest posts

Back