I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder why he is cutting thru telephone poles?
That's a good question. I do know when we had the wildfires in the area that the phone companies went through and replaced most of the poles and gave the old ones away to people (some used for fences etc). Could be that? My guess is he was being sarcastic.

Additional info from CL poster.

The price is not negotiable. I see other chain saws smaller but at the same price or more than the $325 I am asking. The saw has two extra chains which are worth approximately $70. I also have some other log sawing tools that I will throw in the deal.

Some of us live in big cities. You have to take recreational cutting where you can find it. I recommend carbide chains for the concrete ones though. The ones with the thick wires are the city widow makers.

Yes.

Also talking to the tree service guys doing a removal, before they cut the logs into too small of pieces, & before the city heavy trash pick-up.

I don't know if this was one of McCulloch's better efforts, nor an I qualified to comment on the price, but it sure is pretty for a 20+ year old saw. :msp_thumbup:

mcculloch chain saw - $200 (fredericksburg, va)

i just sold a good running one for 50.00

If I lived closer, I'd be on it like white on rice. :msp_thumbup:
If I knew more about saws I would check it out for you and ship it. It's just a few minutes up the road from my house. What can you tell me about the 9000's? Good saw for the money? How about compared to the 6401 Big Bore I'm going to build?

If I knew more about saws I would check it out for you and ship it. It's just a few minutes up the road from my house. What can you tell me about the 9000's? Good saw for the money? How about compared to the 6401 Big Bore I'm going to build?

Big saw for a more than cheap price. No idea on build quality..but a 90 cc saw for three and a quarter? Bet it don't last long....

Ted, Ted, Ted...... :msp_sad:

Fortunately, whoever called them and told them they were selling it too cheap didn't screw up my deal.

photobucket-2325-1338585771660.jpg

Back