I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck...

[url]http://newlondon.craigslist.org/bar/3363144733.html[/URL]

McCulloch Timber Bear Chainsaw for trade! BEAST! - $750 (oakdale,ct)
Date: 2012-10-31, 11:30PM EDT
[email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
runs great! will be great for anyone who needs a chainsaw!

powerful and will cut through anything!

please just email me if interested with what you have for trade.

dont offer garbage this saw is worth money!

3k63La3H15L55V25Eccao4b5473af49d21df2.jpg

[url]http://newlondon.craigslist.org/bar/3363144733.html[/URL]

McCulloch Timber Bear Chainsaw for trade! BEAST! - $750 (oakdale,ct)
Date: 2012-10-31, 11:30PM EDT
[email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
runs great! will be great for anyone who needs a chainsaw!

powerful and will cut through anything!

please just email me if interested with what you have for trade.

dont offer garbage this saw is worth money!

3k63La3H15L55V25Eccao4b5473af49d21df2.jpg

The sad thing is, he may sell that. I still LOL'd. :msp_smile:

I wonder who else saw that 330. I dont think that thing would cut water with that bar. Pretty interesting ordeal to say the least.

That is about the craziest thing I have ever seen on ebay:laugh:

At first I thought maybe it was a 750(ish) with a 330 clutch cover decal or something along those lines.......................................................

I think you should have to pass a questionaire or test to sell chainsaws on evilbay. But, any dumb arse is entitled.:msp_scared:

Uhmmmmmmmmm...................................................:dizzy:

Homelite 330 Chainsaw with A Oregon Chain 40" Bar Big Boy | eBay

Seems to me a little optamystic for that size engine to pull that much chain.

At first I thought maybe it was a 750(ish) with a 330 clutch cover decal or something along those lines.......................................................

I think you should have to pass a questionaire or test to sell chainsaws on evilbay. But, any dumb arse is entitled.:msp_scared:

Yes Sir, I agree with you about having to correctly answer a few basic questions before being allowed to proceed with selling anything on the Interwebs. However the above referenced seller would be excluded purely on the fact that he can't read, or spell beyond a 3rd grade level. I mean really, the "tread" is "stiped"........WTF!!!

and after the breeze, all the idiots are out here on CL :

1:
16 inch gas powered homlite chainsaw
16 inch gas powered homlite chainsaw - $300 (Shirley)
Brand new chainsaw bought for storm. Price is negotiable, but not by much.
No low ballers.

2:
Chainsaw Homelite 18" w/2 yr warranty
Chainsaw Homelite 18" w/2 yr warranty - $250 (Dix Hills)
2 brand new 18" Homelite chainsaws with extra chain and 2 year extended warranty from Home Depot.

3:
Husquavarna chainsaw 240
Husquavarna chainsaw 240 - $235 (Long Island - West Suffolk)
Just bought it yesterday to cut a tree that fell. Never even got the sleeve off before I was told I don't need it. Brand new with all instructions and tool. Will give you the receipt. It cost me $235 and that's what I'm looking to get. This is not an actual picture as I don't have a digital camera to use, but it is the model and mine has never been used.

4: (and the best!)
Chainsaw
Chainsaw - $300 (Longisland)
Brand new used once for a small tree brand new never used blade (Huh - one tree, but never used "blade" :bang:)

dolmar makita at Coon Rapids mn (north Mpls metro) Home depot Fri night 11/2. decent plastics, new bar, $250.

hate to pass it up, looking for anotehr one but I'd like to get straight gassed. on the high end of my budget but a good deal for someone.

k

NOS Stihl 070 in the UK

so this link was posted in the main forum and shutdown.

Stihl Old Stock AV 070 Pro Chainsaw like ms 362 341 441 390 201 880 460 660 | eBay

Before it was closed several comments were made that this saw is a fake or clone.

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/213290.htm

Althought the pics are not real good after looking them over I cant tell how you would know its not real.

It has obviously been repacked in a non original styrafoam container but the seller claims he has had it for several years too.

seller also has a good record and has sold other Stihl equipment with perfect feedback.

The biggest thing I notice is that the Stihl orange is the wrong color. It is almost brown.

The other thing is that it just doesn't happen that way, that some guy keeps one new in the box that looks just like the Chinese copies. And I don't think the original 070's were packaged in styrofoam. I also have never seen a top sticker that said "Stihl 070" before on a real one. It just says "070".

Did the factory Stihl machines (later model) ever come with inhex screws retaining the recoil ? All of my Stihl 090 / 070 machines have used slotted cheese head screws for this application.
All of the Chinese knock offs I have seen have used inhex screws - just like this saw has.

Chris.

Latest posts

Back