I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's see. Going left-to-right:

1)Sears/David Bradley gear drive of some sort. Probably Tecumseh/Power Products AH58 powered. 5.8ci/95cc.

2)'Newer' (as in a few years newer than #1) Sears/David Bradley dirrect drive. Probably has a Power Products 4.4ci engine.

3)Homelite C5. Looks nice and complete. 4.71ci/77cc. Got a few of 'em myself...

4)Looks to my eyes to be a Stihl 041AV. I'm not sure on that one, but I'll wager that other folks more knowledgeable about old Stihls will chime in here....

5)Homelite E-Z or Super E-Z. Great little 40cc Homelite.

6)Ohlson and Rice (O&R) 129 gear drive. Tiny 1.5ci or so gear drive saw.

The 041AV (if that's indeed what it is), the C5, and The O&R 129 are the most collectable of the lot. The Super E-Z is quite a popular old saw too. If this guy was local to me, I'd buy the lot, sell the Stihl and the David Bradley's, and keep the O&R, the C5, and the Super E-Z.

Talked to the guy that got the saw.
It is a Stihl 040
The DB is the Big Boy! 130cc monster, lacking the recoil.
The Sears is a AH47.

I am glad you posted this Chris!
The Stihl guys seem to be a bit more "original" then the other brand collectors!
Actually asked him for a couple close up pics of how he did the dawgs.

They were just longer screws-bolts to add the dawgs.
Kinda like it, and the paint job is 100% better then what I have seen on others!

I am glad you posted this Chris!
The Stihl guys seem to be a bit more "original" then the other brand collectors!
Actually asked him for a couple close up pics of how he did the dawgs.

They were just longer screws-bolts to add the dawgs.
Kinda like it, and the paint job is 100% better then what I have seen on others!

I knew you would surface on this one Matt - definitely 'original' thats for sure. To think that you could have the Contra GS sitting on one bedside table, and this 'masterpiece' on the other!

Wtf?

attachment.php

AH81 powered David Bradley gear drive. Somebody did well. Thanks for the update Matt. Made sure I got it right that time...:D

Hey Aaron,
I was only able to know for sure, because I talked to guy who went and looked at them. He gave me the #'s off it, and same with the Stihl 040, and the Sears.
I would have guessed the 77 power products motor!

Husqvarna 262XP Chainsaw - $295 (northview)

Very low hour XP professional saw, 62 cc almost 5 hp , 18" bar , good chain , starts and runs like new, comparable new saw would be 700-800 dollars today. ph.# 417-766-2993 no emails.

Back