I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wildman's saw..............didn't meet reserve

Wildman give you all the info. you want on that saw. It's in the classifieds.

Did not know he was a member here, though the seller name did look familiar, and that one must have slipped by me in the classifieds. Did not mean any disrespect to Mr. Wildman.

I'm sure he'll relist it. Of course you could just buy it from him here!:D

If I were to get it I would do it from here, save him the Ebay fees. Glad I did not though, ole lady would kill me for spending $350. I have already laid out $250-$300 on saws this week.

I'm sure there was none taken.
There's threads on here somewhere about that saw and probably videos too.

I believe I do faintly remember a thread about someone getting a big Homelite, along with a truck bed full of other saws. Now that I have looked at the classified ad I am pretty sure it is the same saw, the other saws in the background also look familiar.

Unfortunately I did not see the auction until there was only about 20 minutes left, no time to try to ask questions at that point.

I agree 100%. Seen prices skyrocket many times after someone brings attention to an auction. Not just here but other forums as well.

this is a triple edged sword. yes, i'm sure it may drive prices, but isn't that what free-market pricing is all about? no matter how many people are interested, it is still only worth a certain amount to you. it also exposes many items that many of us would like to have, but aren't aware of bc of lack of time. and if you are an AS member, would you like to have more people bidding?

Mac Generator

Interesting Mac configuration. Does not say whether or not it runs. Not sure it is worth the asking price, but thought I would share.

I have a intresting vintage mcculloch item. I belive it is some kind of generator/welder. it puts out 12 or 24 volts and is powered by a mcculloch chainsaw engine. It has a motorola 85 amp altenator on it,with heavy jumper cables coming out of it.looks like its from the 60's or 70's, I have searched the web for weeks now and still have found nothing. "Seems to be Rare". I have included some pic's.great for someone that is chainsaw collector or for jumping heavy equipment.engine would be perfect for your go cart. First $400 obo takes it.

vintage mcculloch generator

3na3k93pf5Y55Z05X5b1q7f754f63178c1e5f.jpg

Interesting Mac configuration. Does not say whether or not it runs. Not sure it is worth the asking price, but thought I would share.

I have a intresting vintage mcculloch item. I belive it is some kind of generator/welder. it puts out 12 or 24 volts and is powered by a mcculloch chainsaw engine. It has a motorola 85 amp altenator on it,with heavy jumper cables coming out of it.looks like its from the 60's or 70's, I have searched the web for weeks now and still have found nothing. "Seems to be Rare". I have included some pic's.great for someone that is chainsaw collector or for jumping heavy equipment.engine would be perfect for your go cart. First $400 obo takes it.

It's neat, but not terribly rare. If it's a good solid runner, then he needs to cut his price by a factor of four (to $100). If it's not a runner, then I'd pay him 1/10th of his asking price..........maybe.:D

That's gotta be stolen.................or a scam...:popcorn:

3na3k93pf5Y55Z05X5b1q7f754f63178c1e5f.jpg

I asked the seller if it ran and he told me it did run. It's been up there for a few months now. It was best offer and my $50 didn't work. I don't know if the "generator" part works or not.

Maybe I am corrected. Husqvarna does make chainsaws in China,

Asked the clone seller how long husqvarna has been making their saws in China and am waiting for a response.

Oops, found this on husqvarna international site.
Press releases
Husqvarna expands in Asia
06 November, 2007 09:00

In connection with the integration of the recently acquired Zenoah operation in Japan, the Husqvarna Group will expand its production base and presence in Asia.

The Group has decided to build a new plant in Changzhou, China, which will replace Zenoah's existing Chinese plant and is expected to go on-stream in the first quarter of 2009. The new facility represents an investment of approximately SEK 70m and involves increasing production capacity for brush cutters and hedge-trimmers, as well as expanding production to include chainsaws for the consumer market. This will increase the Group's annual production in China by approximately 1 million units.

So, no clone just a cheaper product and brand dilution?

Back