I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or, it may be an 040/041, with a 24" bar, that's missing the top cover.

2011-08-19_07-22-42_804.jpg

He said $110 is the bottom dollar on it.

was just going by the year and the bar lenght mentioned.

The 1110 series didnt release till 66-67 , 040 then 041.

That one has an orange tag so is a 70's model.

lots of parts for that model around. :msp_smile:

the 1110 saws went through many changes before their end.

there may be as many as 8 or 10 different tops for the 040 041

From the description the owner gave there was no way to decipher what the saw was. He said it was his dad's, who had died in 1969. Of course he also told me he needed the money to pay the last payment on his dad's estate and he had millions of dollars waiting on him at the FBI building once he made the final payment. :dizzy::dizzy:

I figured it was worth a shot in case it was an 090 or something. I did email him this picture and tell him what model it was I was case someone actually wanted to buy it.

His theory is that it's old so it must be worth a lot of money.

wouldn't the LACK of AV maybe dictate that the recoil's been replaced? could be a 80's model too... I thought the 70's models had the 'log & saw' logo? :dunno:

:dizzy:

not sure about the years but do know they made a few million of the buggers. :D

here is a small sample of 1110's with an 1112 "G" mixed in. ;)

041party003.jpg

041party004.jpg

041party001.jpg

041party005.jpg

Long drive for an 041! Does it run? He has posted the ad to CL 4 times today, did he have another saw.....maybe the one with a 30" bar on it? He may be slow but 24" is not 30". The ad was posted to DC and Baltimore CL today, you sure you got the right saw??:dizzy: When I spoke with him on the phone he was a fruitcake!

Don't forget about the Supers. Might be more.

Well maybe "playing" with him is not such a good idea. Obviously without a picture it is fishy but there is now way it is a 009 as he said it had a 30" bar. Granted he could be full of beans on the bar length but I would investigate it more. You never know he could have looked a a 090 tag and just said it was a 09.

Bill

I'm always leery of people like that, I ALWAYS carry my pistol when I deal with people on craigslist. Too many nutjobs out there.

Gonna see if this one's still available.

http://lancaster.craigslist.org/tls/2555931473.html

I'm always leery of people like that, I ALWAYS carry my pistol when I deal with people on craigslist. Too many nutjobs out there.

Gonna see if this one's still available.

McCulloch 10-10 chainsaw

No offense to you Stink but it may be that some of the nutjobs are the ones carrying the pistols...

A few years back I went to check out a nice 076 off Craigslist. When the guy leaned over to start the saw, his handgun fell from his vest pocket, hit the ground and scared the #### out of both of us. It didn't fire, but easily could have messed either of us up if it did.
I personally see no reason to carry my gun to a transaction worth under $500, which is usually the most i'll ever pay for a saw.

? Just wanted to post this Craigslist find to all?

Still learning how to and where to post finds on the internet. I hope one of the moderators will give me some more in-site on this. I just found what looks a good deal on Craigslist. I find deals all the time as I'm sure the rest of you do.

SHINDAIWA PROFESSIONAL CHAINSAW**73cc PostingID: 2555937336

The saw is a Shindiawa 73 cc 5.1 hp for 225 OBO

Just trowing it out there..

Any feed back on this would be greatly appreciated !!! :msp_biggrin:

Still learning how to and where to post finds on the internet. I hope one of the moderators will give me some more in-site on this. I just found what looks a good deal on Craigslist. I find deals all the time as I'm sure the rest of you do.

SHINDAIWA PROFESSIONAL CHAINSAW**73cc PostingID: 2555937336

The saw is a Shindiawa 73 cc 5.1 hp for 225 OBO

Just trowing it out there..

Any feed back on this would be greatly appreciated !!! :msp_biggrin:

The word you are looking for is insight....

Secondly, there is a whole "sticky" thread above that deals with e-Bay/Craigslist finds such as this. Your post should have been made there.

I've got a couple of them with full wrap handles. Good saws for larger stuff. Unfortunatly I don't get to run them much because the wood I cut is smaller and I've got lots of other saws.

These things really scream with a 20" bar, but I've got 24" on them now. One came with a 36" bar and the other 32". I think 36" is a bit much.

If you didn't get it, you missed out on a good deal

PM me if you want to chat.
attachment.php

Latest posts

Back