I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MS290 for a #### Hummmm?

I dont know how to post a link so you will have to look this one up.

MS290 for a ####.

Huntsville Alabama C/L # 2739990223

I dont need the saw.... But if I could buy a good used #### for $150.00, or less, there would be a trade made.

David

Just how rare are Mall model 5 chainsaws? Only 20 known to exist (see listing description)? I ask because I don't know.

I see 2-man Mall's all the time out here, but don't know them enough to tell one model from another.
JacobJ would be a good one to chime in on the rarity (or not) of this one.

The model 5 is a rare bird for sure but it's pretty safe to say there's more than 20 of them out there. I would say the real number is probably
20x that. I've seen at least eight for sale on e-bay since 1998 and I know of around 10 or so right here in Oregon. I know of two in a private
collection over at Myrtle Point but that old boy won't sell anything and he has over 300 very desirable and hard to come by saws.

The model 5 is a rare bird for sure but it's pretty safe to say there's more than 20 of them out there. I would say the real number is probably
20x that. I've seen at least eight for sale on e-bay since 1998 and I know of around 10 or so right here in Oregon. I know of two in a private
collection over at Myrtle Point but that old boy won't sell anything and he has over 300 very desirable and hard to come by saws.

Thanks, Jacob. I figured that description contained a fair amount of 'used car salemanship.' I've got the saw on my watch list just to see how high the bidding goes.

The Rocket 6 :msp_confused:? Six HP :msp_confused: :msp_confused:?
Does anyone know what it is? It didn't sell the first time it was listed.

THE ROCKET LINE 6 HP CHAINSAW FOR PARTS | eBay

This will help a little bit (from the chainsaw site over in the UK):

"Hello, Rocketline:

Mono Manufacturing of Springfield, MO made a chainsaw labeled as The Rocket Line... Mono model 48. That is the saw shown in the Models Library to which Lewis provided a link above.
The engine in that model is a Power Products AH-480, type 1533.
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/e ... enDocument
There are more than one model of the Rocket Line saws.

Mono also made a similar line called Jet Star... and there are also more than one model of the Jet Star saws.

The Homelice 150's are a fun little chainsaw. Their styling reminds me of a 1940 Lincoln, kinda... Great little farm & ranch saws... but a bear to re-assemble right if you split the case and tank... I've got a few of 'em...

Now that we've 'howdied', why don't you start a new thread about Rocket Line... maybe in the general discussion Chainsaw Collectors' Forum or maybe in the Wanted Forum, and members here can contribute some more ideas on the subject and maybe we'll learn something?

Wheah in Jaw-uh-juh ah you, podnah? "

Last edited:
Rob,
You better be the owner of this saw. Just don't let Josh(Whiteman) know you got it.......LOL!!!!

Would love to get it and it is probably a great deal just can't do it right now. I got a Makita off of Josh that needs work and have not been able to get to it.

Poulan chainsaw - $40 (Maple Plain)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-12-07, 9:15AM CST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
pics look decent. 5 miles from my house but I have no need or desire.
kcj

$40

Poulan counter vibe 3400

Ran great, sat for a year. Could not get it started this fall, I assumed the carb needed cleaning.
Purchased carb rebuild kit which comes with for free.
Buying pre-split firewood this winter so no need for a chainsaw.
Give me a call if you are interested.

Doug 952-250-9944

This auction has a Husqvarna 16" NK bar and chain, and a used bar with 3 used chains that based on the pic seem almost new. The same seller has some potentially good deals on other bar and chain combos here and here. The asking price is nothing special but two of the auctions have "make an offer" options.

Latest posts

Back