I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fortunately, whoever called them and told them they were selling it too cheap didn't screw up my deal.

Whomever is pulling that crap is one dirty, lowdown sack of ####...

That's happened to a few of my CL saw deals. On two sepperate occasions, I've had a seller back out after "getting calls''. One other time I watched the expression darken on the sellers face as he heard "the bad news" from some ####bird on the phone...

Fortunately, I'd already paid the guy (close to his asking price), and was loading up the two saws. They're here now. Guy looked at me after hanging up his phone and said, "guess I should have asked for more money for those saws".

All three listings were in my local CL. The last one (where I got the saws) was posted here as I was driving to the seller's house. Saw the post after I got home. Don't think the earlier two listings (which I lost out on) were posted here...

That just happened to me a few days ago. There was a Craigslist ad for "big, heavy saw" over on the coast. It turned out to
be a Hornet model D two-man saw with a 54" bar and helper handle. The guy was asking $150. During the time I was driving
the 90 minutes to his house, someone called him and said it was worth $1000-1200. I show up and he gives me the news
and I said "not interested." The saw was locked up tight, and had been out in the weather for 40 years.

That's happened to a few of my CL saw deals. On two sepperate occasions, I've had a seller back out after "getting calls''. One other time I watched the expression darken on the sellers face as he heard "the bad news" from some ####bird on the phone...

Fortunately, I'd already paid the guy (close to his asking price), and was loading up the two saws. They're here now. Guy looked at me after hanging up his phone and said, "guess I should have asked for more money for those saws".

All three listings were in my local CL. The last one (where I got the saws) was posted here as I was driving to the seller's house. Saw the post after I got home. Don't think the earlier two listings (which I lost out on) were posted here...

That just happened to me a few days ago. There was a Craigslist ad for "big, heavy saw" over on the coast. It turned out to
be a Hornet model D two-man saw with a 54" bar and helper handle. The guy was asking $150. During the time I was driving
the 90 minutes to his house, someone called him and said it was worth $1000-1200. I show up and he gives me the news
and I said "not interested." The saw was locked up tight, and had been out in the weather for 40 years.

I'm sorry but whoever does stuff like that is a pathetic loser. I don't care if you are an AS member, you are lower than whale sh!t.

That all could be solved if people would find out what their stuff is worth before posting an ad.

Well..............what their stuff is "worth" is very subjective. The Hornet Jacob went to look at certainly wasn't "worth" $1200. Not by a WIDE margin. People will still try to #### in other people's cornflakes (meaning call sellers and fill their heads with BS just to stir #### up), whether or not the seller does research ahead of time. Complete ebay listings are a poor gauge of what anything is really "worth", but it's all these sellers can go on (other than CORRECTLY deciding that it's a worn out old saw, and is only "worth" what the seller and buyer agree on).

Husqvarna 50 with new bar & chain, for $20 on the pittsburg, PA craigslist

I'd be there if it wasn't so far. :msp_sad:

Heck, the bar and chain are worth that....

CHAINSAW - $20 (BELLEVUE)

CHAINSAW - $20 (BELLEVUE)
Date: 2012-06-02, 4:54PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected]

This is an older model Husqvarna chainsaw. It is a model 50. It stopped running last week. It still sputters on then off occasionally. The blade and chain are brand new. it also includes a new handle. It was just cleaned and lubricated inside and out. This chainsaw could sell for big money if you can get it to run!

5Hb5M75Jc3K83I53l6c627f750fef73e41d1b.jpg
5I85Na5Fd3Nd3of3Hdc6219e8a4366ca616ea.jpg

5G55He5M63Ee3mf3J2c62a4a682a28c521c1f.jpg
5G75Fd5J93n93G33Mfc62c8f08a6cc655189a.jpg

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 3053564353

That just happened to me a few days ago. There was a Craigslist ad for "big, heavy saw"... I was driving

WOW... unbelievable... SOME people are just not TRUE to their word...

I'm sorry but whoever does stuff like that is a pathetic loser. I don't care if you are an AS member, you are lower than whale sh!t.

:agree2:

That all could be solved if people would find out what their stuff is worth before posting an ad.

Well, yes, BUT, there are times when we've all had deals that were due to someone not CARING to do the research... if EVERYONE did that, and $$ was the MOST IMPORTANT factor, EVERYONE would be PARTING OUT saws!

It's just Ultra-sad that people can't uphold their word, be respectful, not step on toes, and GOD-FORBID be helpful/look out for others..... :frown:

Well..............what their stuff is "worth" is very subjective. The Hornet Jacob went to look at certainly wasn't "worth" $1200. Not by a WIDE margin. People will still try to #### in other people's cornflakes (meaning call sellers and fill their heads with BS just to stir #### up), whether or not the seller does research ahead of time. Complete ebay listings are a poor gauge of what anything is really "worth", but it's all these sellers can go on (other than CORRECTLY deciding that it's a worn out old saw, and is only "worth" what the seller and buyer agree on).

Yeah, ebay listings history is just a list of what something's worth as far as ebay's concerned. I think some of them don't really know one chainsaw from another they just want something pretty..

Latest posts

Back