I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
did you look at the craiglist add? he is on a tree in lineman gear no ppe and thats his add

He at least he had a saddle on and not a lineman belt. I'd personally be a little sacred to climb with the leather strap, even setting your weight back on a wire core is a little spooky the first couple of times when you are not used to it. Maybe that is why he is hugging that tree so close. :msp_wink:

Looks like a, basic traditional-style Harness by Buckingham, No Leg Straps, 4 d rings and an adjustable synthetic rubber nylon reinforced climbing strap the same gear I have been using for 40 years. They look like Buckingham tree hooks too. As for his PPE he is 2 ft. off the ground having his picture taken for the post. Look at my avitar Im 22 feet up not tied in, no PPE and I don't give a dang, because thats how I roll.

Last edited:
Looks like a, basic traditional-style Harness by Buckingham, No Leg Straps, 4 d rings and an adjustable synthetic rubber nylon reinforced climbing strap the same gear I have been using for 40 years. They look like Buckingham tree hooks too. As for his PPE he is 2 ft. off the ground having his picture taken for the post. Look at my avitar Im 22 feet up not tied in, no PPE and I don't give a dang, because thats how I roll.

Aren't you supposed to replace that gear every so often:yoyo::yoyo:

He at least he had a saddle on and not a lineman belt. I'd personally be a little sacred to climb with the leather strap, even setting your weight back on a wire core is a little spooky the first couple of times when you are not used to it. Maybe that is why he is hugging that tree so close. :msp_wink:

Nah no worries about using a linemans belt. My dad retired from being a lineman his whole working career and when they went to safety training they tied two trucks together and tried to actually break the belt by pulling opposite ways. They where never ssuccsefull at breaking one.

I started this year with one. The main draw back is they are loop adjusted so when you go up in the tree and it gets smaller diameter it is very difficult to adjust in the tree.

I use a wire core flip line now and it is night and day different in climbing with that:rock:

Same here, I'm not spending money on something I don't need.

Aaron, add it to the list.

chain saws 20 inch

That post made my brain hurt due to the poor grammar.

Back