I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Strange saw??? :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

That looks very cool. I just can't imagine actually using it. Seems quite unwieldy to me.

p.s. Sam, buy the dang Poulan! It's a 30 pack of Keystone and a bag of chips:dunno:

Ok, I'm trying, ... enablers, all of you.

whatsa deal? this 245 got the pox? how come none of you supposedly saw nuts hadn't scooped this thang up yet? i'd also pay postage and some reasonable amount toward gas. had a chance to pick one of these up local for $50. dumb, dumb, dumb.
funny how you always remember the ones you didn't pull the trigger on fast enough. like the two 3400s for $50. dumb, dumb, dumb.
so go get the saw already or you'll be singing the "dumb, dumb, dumb" song.

I've been trying really hard to not go get this:
Poulan 245 Chainsaw

Well SOMEBODY didn't try as hard as you. It's gone now...

It's $25 bucks just go get it! I'd buy it for sure if it were local.

A 245 for $25??? Sheesh. There have been exactly two 245's for sale in my CL area over the last few years. One was a rough looking green 245A for $60 (with "carburetor trouble"). The second was a cherry looking Dayton branded 245SA runner with an extra NOS air filter and some other accessories (for sale by original owner) for $150. Both were in the same city, about a 5 hour round trip (with good traffic) from me. Didn't get to either before they were gone.

Even stranger..........I'd say at least 90% of the desirable Poulans that have been listed in my CL area over the last few years have been in that same city, or nearby. If they were all green Poulans I'd say there must have been a good dealer in the area..............but they've been Poulans as well as Daytons and Craftsmans....

Poulan 245

Well SOMEBODY didn't try as hard as you. It's gone now...

A 245 for $25??? Sheesh. There have been exactly two 245's for sale in my CL area over the last few years. One was a rough looking green 245A for $60 (with "carburetor trouble"). The second was a cherry looking Dayton branded 245SA runner with an extra NOS air filter and some other accessories (for sale by original owner) for $150. Both were in the same city, about a 5 hour round trip (with good traffic) from me. Didn't get to either before they were gone.

Even stranger..........I'd say at least 90% of the desirable Poulans that have been listed in my CL area over the last few years have been in that same city, or nearby. If they were all green Poulans I'd say there must have been a good dealer in the area..............but they've been Poulans as well as Daytons and Craftsmans....

Actually, I'm playing with it right now. Seems this one was put aside because of a faulty recoil.

glad ya got it. whatsmatta with the recoil? parts available

btw. pix or it didn't happen

She's a beaut. The pull cord was 3/4 of the way out and wouldn't go in. Easy fix. I now know comp is very nice, and good spark. Fires on prime. Pulled the muffler and it looks great. I'll need to go through the fuel system. I have a Super 25DA that I really like, but aside from that I haven't been into the Poulans too much. This one is $25 well spent! I buy and sell/trade, but this one isn't leaving the premises.
DSC07352_zps3e2302d1.jpg

DSC07349_zps51d1b5df.jpg

DSC07346_zps655aa80f.jpg

DSC07345_zps0f3f1921.jpg

Last edited:
The engagement part of the recoil pully wears and they tend to trap the starter dogs. A few minutes with a Dremel will fix it but, you have to remove the flywheel.

If you are referring to the 245, actually all it took was a couple extra spins around the pulley with the pull cord, but yes I did have to remove the flywheel. Kind of a different setup for sure, but not too difficult.

Back