I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I called and left a message. I don't expect to get a call back, the cl listers in this area are horrible for calling you back. :angry:

In my area lots of them don't leave a number, so you have to respond to the e-mail link. Then they don't reply to that.
Only thing I can figure is I don't have the Windows messenger (or whatever it is) set up, so when I cut and paste the e-mail address to my Yahoo e-mail account maybe that gets it kicked to their SPAM filter. Either way, I often don't get a response to the e-mail link.

No, they just don't call you back because they don't care.

I always pull a listing as soon as I sell something, and send a short note to whomever contacts me: "Thank you for you interest in this item, however, it is no longer available".

The only ones I don't respond to are the ridiculous low-ballers who try to dictate price and terms sight-unseen and on the first contact. Some of the folks who I thought were wack-os or weird have turned out to be very nice buyers with poor grammar or computer skills, and vice-versa.

Philbert

No, they just don't call you back because they don't care.

I always pull a listing as soon as I sell something, and send a short note to whomever contacts me: "Thank you for you interest in this item, however, it is no longer available".

The only ones I don't respond to are the ridiculous low-ballers who try to dictate price and terms sight-unseen and on the first contact. Some of the folks who I thought were wack-os or weird have turned out to be very nice buyers with poor grammar or computer skills, and vice-versa.

Philbert

True story ... a couple weeks ago I responded to a CL post with the email link. I said " .. please send a contact number ..." and all the usual stuff.

The reply I got back was "For who?"

:dizzy:

In my area lots of them don't leave a number, so you have to respond to the e-mail link. Then they don't reply to that.
Only thing I can figure is I don't have the Windows messenger (or whatever it is) set up, so when I cut and paste the e-mail address to my Yahoo e-mail account maybe that gets it kicked to their SPAM filter. Either way, I often don't get a response to the e-mail link.

I cant stand it when they dont leave a number, it has gotten so irritating that I just pass on it.:msp_mad:

I cant stand it when they dont leave a number, it has gotten so irritating that I just pass on it.

Other side of the coin:

I don't post my number. Too many flakes and trolls out there (no offense Niko!). If they respond to my posting I give them general information and ask for a phone number to discuss the item, answer questions, or to set something up.

If I don't get a phone number, it does not go any farther. Their number first and speaking to them on the phone works as a screening tool for me. Gives me a small amount of control as the seller.

If I get lots of responses, I am not swamped with phone calls, even days later, from guys who print the ad but don't call right away.

Philbert

Last edited:
Other side of the coin:

I don't post my number. Too many flakes and trolls out there (no offense Niko!). If they respond to my posting I give them general information and ask for a phone number to discuss the item, answer questions, or to set something up.

If I don't get a phone number, it does not go any farther. Their number first and speaking to them on the phone works as a screening tool for me. Gives me a small amount of control as the seller.

If I get lots of responses, I am not swamped with phone calls, even days later, from guys who print the ad but don't call right away.

Philbert

I have posted my number in CL adds but you have to be careful how you put it in there. If you substitute letters for numbers (cap O for 0, lower L [l] for 1), you can get around the bots that will pick your numbers up.......

Latest posts

Back