I see it coming now...A Sticky on how to use the SEARCH feature...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Husky nut

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
A Sticky on how to use the SEARCH feature Before posting...

Who wants to tell Me how to do a search properly so Newbies don't flood the site with the same ?'s over and over again(Note this maybe recorded for training purposes)...

Last edited:
Husky Nut; excellent idea. I have a hard time finding things even when I know they exist. The search function is not very effective for me, but I am sure my use of it could be more efficient. How about someone that is used to a lot of info gathering in their job or for whatever reason is handy at it, put together some suggestions for a good search strategy. Seems like a winning idea!:blob2:

better go jump on these worthless fireplace insert posters, nut.

topic has been pounded in the homeowner forum.

get 'em, killer....................

cord arrow said:
better go jump on these worthless fireplace insert posters, nut.

topic has been pounded in the homeowner forum.

get 'em, killer....................

He is just kidding there Husky nut ;)

Husky nut said:
Who wants to tell Me how to do a search properly so Newbies don't flood the site with the same ?'s over and over again(Note this maybe recorded for training purposes)...

A sticky regarding doing a search first, might be worthwhile.

Anyone want to write it?

I'm still searching for a certain post that had the proper use of the search in the form of pictures...But cant find it...I guess i need to make a post asking others to help me out since i can't find the Pictures I'm looking for

i can't find it either, nut.

but in our defence, this is by no means a powerful search engine.

especially on a sat. night with high demands on server resources.

The search feature is one of the best I've seen. All you have to do is post your question in a thread, and invariably someone will write a cocky post with numerous search results listed and an assessment of your general intellectual capacity. It's a personalized search/iq test! Isn't that cool?

spacemule said:
The search feature is one of the best I've seen. All you have to do is post your question in a thread, and invariably someone will write a cocky post with numerous search results listed and an assessment of your general intellectual capacity. It's a personalized search/iq test! Isn't that cool?

Now you've ruined it for me... and I though it was particularly clever code... I suppose there's no Santa either?

Husky nut said:
I'm still searching for a certain post that had the proper use of the search in the form of pictures...But cant find it...I guess i need to make a post asking others to help me out since i can't find the Pictures I'm looking for

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=27902&highlight=sig

This thread contains a picture of search function usage. This one would be hard to find if you didn't remember who posted it.

No doubt done using the print screen function. It would look different if the user weren't logged in. If not logged in, Search is over under the Password box. When I first got here I quite often put a search word in that Password box and then hit Search. And that, of course, doesn't work!

Whether the search function works or not simply depends on how bad the user wants it.

Just the picture i was looking for...Thanks...

35919540312.jpg

Has anybody else had troubles with the search feature on top. Click on both the top ones and nothing happens? Then have to go to the bottom left search area to do the search, because both top ones will not work. Anyone else?

spacemule said:

Not bad Mule, How about this one?

The subject of repeat questions has been brought up on this forum many times before. How about the next time trying to do a search before wasting MY precious time with this often repeated lore?

Back