I Shouldn't Sold Those 125 Cords

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back in the day, I bought a Big Red new, after putting about 5 tanks of fuel through it, I put it in the barn. There it stayed until last summer, when I gave it to a good friend who wanted it BAD! lol

He's been using it at his cabin...

SR

2 weeks of spring like weather, till yesterday. 4 inches of snow this morning. Its mostly melted away, but more is coming. Glad I've lots of split wood ready to burn. Winter is not ready to yield to spring just yet.

Back in the day, I bought a Big Red new, after putting about 5 tanks of fuel through it, I put it in the barn. There it stayed until last summer, when I gave it to a good friend who wanted it BAD! lol

SR

DANG man, that thing would bring some good $$$ to the right guy!!!! They were the thing to have back when I was a kid

Start bustin' up the furniture! ha! I burn cardboard when times get real tough, if you're fast enough you can whip up a grilled cheese before it goes out.

Have dropped off to folks doing that!. I guess planning ahead is just crazy talk? Even worse when they expect it's going to be fast, awesome quality and sold at a deal.

SR

Wish I had a friend like you. I had a 1982 big red. Ran it into the ground when I was a teenager then dad took it away and threw it in the garage. 15 years later he gave it back. The last 12 years of its life it spent pulling a trailer around our 5 acre property hauling everything. Sure do miss it. :cry:

It works both ways... He came by and gave me 3 mini bikes after that, said he didn't have any use for them......so that's what friends do for friends...

BTW, when we pulled the Big Red out of the barn, the tires were rotted so bad, they nearly fell off! lol I then pulled the plug, put a squirted of gas in the cyl., put the plug in, and it started right up... We took the wheels off, took them to my tire guy and he put new rubber on it, and we were riding it!

He just bought a cabin and needed something him and his dad could ride around the property...

SR

SR
Ya, I traded an 046 for that 3 wheeler and have done about 350 cords with it in the last three years with a trailer.
It burns a bit of oil, but I have two other part bikes.

View attachment 492231 This is all the wood I have left. Am I worried? No because when they grew that, they grew lots of it. Lol
Dig the saw.
Awesome pic.
Love those Big Reds when I was a kid too.
Cute saw and nice sled. I have a sled for ice fishing like that.
I also have some orange saws....longer bars mind you.
What size is that saw and what length is that bar anyways?

Back