I swore I would never do this..............

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spike60

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
...........But with the unrelenting cold weather, the kitchen table has become my "winter workbench." (of course I'm single. How else could I get away with this. :guitar:)

The little workshop you see out back of the house is where I usually hang when doing my own saw projects. A few members have seen it and it's just a perfect little saw shop. I just use a kerosene heater to warm it up, which is fine 90% of the time. It works OK down to about 15 degrees, but below that and into the single digits it just doesn't get comfy enough in there no matter what beverage I take with me. :dancing: So boys, I've devolved to working on saws in the kitchen. A girlfriend said last night, "but it's temporary, right? :laugh:

kBAvW8S.jpg

Obviously, you are single! That was a given and did not bear saying. ;)

My wife would flippin' kill me if I even so much as thought about bringing a saw in to the house, even brand new, just to look at it. And she's pretty cool about things. I'm glad I have a good little heater out in the shed, keeps it tolerable even down at single digit temps.

...........But with the unrelenting cold weather, the kitchen table has become my "winter workbench." (of course I'm single. How else could I get away with this. :guitar:)

The little workshop you see out back of the house is where I usually hang when doing my own saw projects. A few members have seen it and it's just a perfect little saw shop. I just use a kerosene heater to warm it up, which is fine 90% of the time. It works OK down to about 15 degrees, but below that and into the single digits it just doesn't get comfy enough in there no matter what beverage I take with me. :dancing: So boys, I've devolved to working on saws in the kitchen. A girlfriend said last night, "but it's temporary, right? :laugh:

kBAvW8S.jpg
You should have looked her in the eye and said yep you might be temporary.

i must admit that i've been tempted several times this winter. i'm single and my dog, Sparky, would be fine with it but i've resisted. maybe i'm afraid my kitchen would start to look like my shop. spring and opening day are just around the corner. mean while i'll shiver and drop stuff.

Get a brooder light and aim it at your work space in the shop. It will keep objects within the direct light warm. They are infrared bulbs, you can get white or red colored, 125 watt and 250 watt.

I do all kinza stuff on the kitchen table here, but nothing with leaky fuel or oil. Big sheets of cardboard and newspapers first of course. I have no shop, so rainy days, there I am. Otherwise on nice days, I use the ratsun tailgate and a stump for a chair.

*Eventually*, hopefully this summer, I am building a small shop, I have most of the materials scrounged up now.

Few months back my dad called telling me about this tiny little fisher for 50.00. I didnt hesitate installing it in my drafty little shed. The yellow plate on top is a little rig I made up for a blower that sits on the ground behind it. Will run your ass out in no time! I am now able to work in the cold without numb fingers and a runny nose!
IMG_1755.JPG

When I was in high school my parents were supposed to be gone for the whole weekend, so I brought my dirt bike into the mudroom, pulled the engine and started the rebuild on the kitchen table. Well, they came home on Saturday when the engine was about as broken down as it could have been. My dad could have cared less, but mother still hasn't got over it, and that was over 20 years ago.

May I ass-u-me that this will derail into a build thread ??

edit: guilty of same.
but more driven buy the knees wanting less walking time.
and yes the refrigerator is flat out covered in magnets and notes.

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_7052.JPG
    Copy of IMG_7052.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 28
I don't know Spike, a girlfriend questioning your authority could be trouble. ;)

She wasn't questioning my authority, just checking my sanity. You know, wondering if I've really lost it. Actually she's really cool, and would probably deal with it. My actual reply was, "No, I won't keep saws on the kitchen table; but the dining room hardly ever gets used." :)

Latest posts

Back