I think my firewood buddies are loaing their "spark"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know that it's a lot of work, and we've been doing this for awhile and are getting older, but when I reach that point you can start throwin' dirt on me-I'm done. There's not much to beat that feelin' when you're drivin' home with a load of fuelwood in the back of the truck that you just cut up. Oh well....

Ain't that the truth......I don't cut much when it's hot, and it's been hot lately. But I have enough cut for two years already, so I don't worry about it.

If I couldn't burn wood at home, I think I'd still cut just for fun and donate it to needy families or something, I like it that much.

:givebeer:

There have been way to many guys that get the fever or get jealous of my free heat in the winter and jump into it with both feet.They go out and buy the biggest saw they can find and all the trimmings,cut for a season or two then give it up.

I guess it is either in your blood or its not.Aint no making a wood cutter out of some folks. They just aint got the iron in em.

You got it. Drove past another house this morning that last year I saw a guy out there splittin' like gangbusters; now, the only thing there are about 12 unsplit rounds, and it's July already. I guess that he liked it last year but different story this year. To each his own, I guess. Sure, there are times that it is more like a "chore" to split and stack wood, but it's still way more fun than not. The wife and I went to Churchville Nature Center today, walked the trails through the woods by the reservoir, and all I kept doing was "jonesing" because there were TONS of hardwood trees that fell down, and some were cut up into sections just laying there and will rot like the rest of the trees that fell-I'm talking Hickory, Beech, Oak etc. I'd stop walking, tell her what kind of tree it was laying there cut up or uprooted, then shake my head and throw my hands up and say "this is killing me" to see so much good fuelwood and I can't get my hands on it lol....

Thanks for the great replies fellas :clap: :greenchainsaw:

I've got to admit, I lose my "spark" this time of year. I like cutting from the fall through the early spring, but not so much in the summer. I've got logs that need bucked, rounds that need split, trees to cut... But I'll get to them. Did a little cutting and splitting over the weekend to help out my Dad. Quit when it hit 90º. My saw doesn't like the heat, either. Works great in the winter, hard to restart in the summer. Guess it loses it's spark, also.

Latest posts

Back