I tried searching but found nothing.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NvrDwn

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a 572 and I'm thinking about doing a muffler mod but I don't know how it should be done. 572 and mod are "to small" to search.

Any help would be appreciated.

This is the way I did my 562, you should be able to do the 572 in a similar way.

Attachments

• thumbnail_KIMG1825.jpg
    thumbnail_KIMG1825.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 23
  • thumbnail_KIMG1793.jpg
    thumbnail_KIMG1793.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 22
This is the way I did my 562, you should be able to do the 572 in a similar way.
I can't weld. I'm hoping a drill and bit (3/4)? Will be enough. I was thinking of drilling from the exhaust port to the opening. But I don't know if that's enough or not, or molding that way is even effective.

I can't weld. I'm hoping a drill and bit (3/4)? Will be enough. I was thinking of drilling from the exhaust port to the opening. But I don't know if that's enough or not, or molding that way is even effective.
Here's a link to one someone did, you could screw or rivet the deflector on instead of welding it. https://www.instructables.com/Chainsaw-Muffler-Modification-572XP-Husqvarna/ Do a Google surch for Duke's muffler deflector and you'll find some that can be screwed on.

Here's a link to one someone did, you could screw or rivet the deflector on instead of welding it. https://www.instructables.com/Chainsaw-Muffler-Modification-572XP-Husqvarna/ Do a Google surch for Duke's muffler deflector and you'll find some that can be screwed on.
After having time to review this it appears to me he did a lot of extra work to get his outcome. He could have take a drill bit through the other side of the exhaust and drilled toward the opening, correct? This would allow for the stock deflector to stay in place. It can be bent to allow for a bigger opening.

Is there something I'm missing here?

After having time to review this it appears to me he did a lot of extra work to get his outcome. He could have take a drill bit through the other side of the exhaust and drilled toward the opening, correct? This would allow for the stock deflector to stay in place. It can be bent to allow for a bigger opening.

Is there something I'm missing here?
You could be right, you could try it that way and if it doesn't workout, remove the deflector and go at it from there.

You could be right, you could try it that way and if it doesn't workout, remove the deflector and go at it from there.
So, I never claimed to be great and this metal is really soft. But, this is the result.

Attachments

• 20210726_182806.jpg
    20210726_182806.jpg
    862.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 20210726_182823.jpg
    20210726_182823.jpg
    875.4 KB · Views: 7

Latest posts

Back