• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold I want to build another 5100s

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuinrearview

Red saw lover
Reaction score
Title says it all. Anybody got a spare/backup/burned up 5100s? I have some orange projects to trade or green paper via PayPal. I have some parts for one already so missing/broken doesn't necessarily rule one out for me. Thanks.

I have about 3/4 a 5100 S. NO CYLINDER, MUFfLLER, CARB, probably a few or more other small pieces. Looks good for a work saw, fairly clean, minor mostly fine scratches. I pulled it out couple weeks ago and drug it in the house. Was going to make a few or so parts lots and put it on ebay.
Would let it go here for $75 + the ride.

I have about 3/4 a 5100 S. NO CYLINDER, MUFfLLER, CARB, probably a few or more other small pieces. Looks good for a work saw, fairly clean, minor mostly fine scratches. I pulled it out couple weeks ago and drug it in the house. Was going to make a few or so parts lots and put it on ebay.
Would let it go here for $75 + the ride.

I guess I would need to know what all is there. I have cases and a fuel tank, muffler and cylinder. Not much else. I think ideally I'm looking for something with the notorious spun main bearing or factory lean out.

Known missing parts: carb, air filter,CYLINDER, MUFFLLER, and the piston has a deep grove.
I expect it would be near complete, probably some screws, may be an inner shield or the like i am not aware of missing if u had all the above. Will take some pics sooner, if you are interested. If I remember right I have more then what I am asking in it. Your extra parts could be sold or traded for what u don't have or I could sell it in parts lots on ebay if it don't trip your trigger.

I have a complete 5100 with I think 16” scored piston $100 it’ll take me a day or two to get picture as it’s in my storage unit. Plus actual shipping also have a 510 as well. I think it’s complete as well, but need to put eyes on wether muffler is there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a complete 5100 with I think 16” scored piston $100 it’ll take me a day or two to get picture as it’s in my storage unit. Plus actual shipping also have a 510 as well. I think it’s complete as well, but need to put eyes on wether muffler is there

Sounds like what I'm looking for sir

I just remembered this. Tomorrow I’ll pull the Dolmars and get some pictures

fcbf6987a9e83d868db2b1b374adda7d.jpg

510 is missing muffler
258f7b4e7abd97157877a6fa1a7a91ee.jpg

6aaaabb92874749e110929aa0087a217.jpg

One bar nut missing on 5105
cd9980b8511c1dfb2cc869f35b415f98.jpg

They both cosmetically should clean up nicely. Both have scored pistons

I'm definitely wanting to run one, as well as the smaller echos.
I'm thinking Tims gonna want to run a couple I've got now too, I think you missed this thread.
https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/bretts-chipper1-346.315731/
nice a ported 346 sure do like the stock ones........
I've got a few either in my hands or in the works for Mr. Black to try. Just got the elusive intake boot on Friday to put a PS-420 back together. I'm anxious for that one myself.
nice the 420 Is lite and makes good power stock ...however after a 5105 not sure how impressed you will be ..I like them both I have had several of the 420/421 model ...:) should keep the one I have now near new, but I always sell...sell..and buy more ...repeat....

Back