i was bored last nite.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mga

wandering
so, i decided to play around with the log splitter.

we talked about ways to cool the oil down, so, i looked thru my various piles of junk and came up with this. and, of course, what good is a radiator without fans?

Last edited:
scotclayshooter

scotclayshooter

Addicted to ArboristSite
attachment.php

Looks good!

Bowtie

Bowtie

Gearhead
Like your setup mga, but i have what looks like the same tank (from TSC, 5 gal. tank), and my hydraulic oil never gets over warm to the touch-in the summer. Are you having a temperature problem? Im not trying to be critical, Im just very curious. By the way, thats a sweet looking cooler, very ingenious!

mga

wandering
Like your setup mga, but i have what looks like the same tank (from TSC, 5 gal. tank), and my hydraulic oil never gets over warm to the touch-in the summer. Are you having a temperature problem? Im not trying to be critical, Im just very curious. By the way, thats a sweet looking cooler, very ingenious!

the tank is home made, but i got the sizing from the tanks at northern tool. it's an 18 gallon tank and i have about 15 gallons in it.

no over heating problems. we've used that for over 2 hours straight and never a problem.

i was just bored...lol. in another thread we talked about doing things to cool off a log splitter and i had all the parts so i just said what the hell.......

Latest posts