Ice Storm tracking

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my town got hammered and towns to the north declared a state of emergency. Spent all day today clearing driveways etc. 7 trucks loads of chips. same tomorrow and sunday. My willow trees got wrecked. seems willows, pines, birches and crappy elms took the brunt of it. Got power back today though which is good..... Mike

Last edited:
Feast or famine, seems to be universal in the tree bizz.. Our phone shut down 2 weeks ago untill today, there must have been 100 calls!!. There is alot of work around here but theres also alot of comp and believe it or not people with trees on there houses are still shopping prices even though there insurance jobs!!

got a buddy down here from the N.Y,typical
new yorker.you know the type no offense to anyone of course,say,s dave we ought to go up there.I say your crazy man nuthin like a hillbilly try to sell tree work to a far northener.
He would have to sell all the job,s.
man I would starve to death up there,:help:

Last edited:
Need storm damage help??

Hey gang, we got more snow than anything up here in Northern Maine, some ice, but mostly snow. If anyone needs some help down that way in MA, CT, NH, let me know. Willing to travel, have ALL my own equipment. Let me know....other than that, be safe! Merry Xmas!

got a buddy down here from the N.Y,typical
new yorker.you know the type no offense to anyone of course,say,s dave we ought to go up there.I say your crazy man nuthin like a hillbilly try to sell tree work to a far northener.
He would have to sell all the job,s.
man I would starve to death up there,:help:

Nahh I am a hillbilly and when I was in MI they threw
money at me I was a young dumb kid and tired of freezing mbo
and homesick or I would be a millionaire by now it make me:cry:
to think of what I gave up! I figured it was that good everywhere
boy was I wrong :laugh: This market is frigging crazy and fully
saturated and still new businesses forming everywhere sheesh:jawdrop:

Tell ya what though them northern girls sure liked
my southern draw lol

Last edited:
Tell ya what though them northern girls sure liked
my southern draw lol[/QUOTE]

what am i waitin for then,packing my bags.
buddy of mine said i wont be able to work up there,everybody will want there pic with larry cable guy.said that,s ok ya,ll work i get my pic,s takin while i,m there:cheers:
but no really there,s some great folks up there.sorry for the inconveince of the storm specially at this time time season.

anyone need help?

i'm in the Hartford area.i have the 250xp,saws,trucks,and tractors with grapples and forks. 860-430-1811

we have a bucket truck, skidsteers, loaders, excavators, numerous sized chippers, dump trucks, and a 400HP tubgrinder, all available if needed. we also have several GOOD climbers, with a lot of storm experience. some excellent groundies, and we travel a`lot,and are self sufficient.

I would be interested in discussing any type of work arrangement, anything is possible.

I got about 40+ pics, just held the camera up to the windshield of the truck and started snapping on the drive up to and back from the job this morning. Looks like just as much of a mess today as it did yesterday. :p

Heading out in a minute.

Got a call from my old boss this morning needing a climber for a few days at least. We're going to Albany, NY. Apparently that's where a lot of damage is. I'm not running this crew and the boss doesn't ever work with other people so don't try to contact me for work, I just figured that I'd give you guys the heads up that there's loads of work in Albany if ya wanna toss your hat in the ring and come up. I'll try to keep you updated but who knows when I'll next see a 'puter. Later, fellas.

Got a call from my old boss this morning needing a climber for a few days at least. We're going to Albany, NY. Apparently that's where a lot of damage is. I'm not running this crew and the boss doesn't ever work with other people so don't try to contact me for work, I just figured that I'd give you guys the heads up that there's loads of work in Albany if ya wanna toss your hat in the ring and come up. I'll try to keep you updated but who knows when I'll next see a 'puter. Later, fellas.

Its all cleaned up here no need to come. :phone:

What a mess... they finally got the road next to mine opened today. People are still without power and will be till tuesday here. I wish there was more hours in the day this time of year. Even with a 4 man crew we can't keep up with calls. It's cool to help people out though, get trees off houses and out of driveways. Took a cherry off a house yesterday, no crane needed just some ingenuity. Interesting although tiring work. Good work everyone out there busting there butts to get life back to normal!!! :cheers: Mike

What a mess... they finally got the road next to mine opened today. People are still without power and will be till tuesday here. I wish there was more hours in the day this time of year. Even with a 4 man crew we can't keep up with calls. It's cool to help people out though, get trees off houses and out of driveways. Took a cherry off a house yesterday, no crane needed just some ingenuity. Interesting although tiring work. Good work everyone out there busting there butts to get life back to normal!!! :cheers: Mike

Yeah, Same here we have taken 6 trees off house's and garages in the last two days and opened a bunch of driveways up. One older couple with a long driveway were stuck in there house for two days and there generator ran out of fuel about 12hrs before we got there. Needless to say they were quite pleased to see us!! We brought them 10 gallons of fuel and cleared there driveway for free. It just felt like the right thing to do even though it does not make very good buisness sense it made us feel good to help out. We have 2 more trees on houses tommorow and then just a bunch of smaller clean up jobs right now, but I have a feeling the calls are going to keep coming in all week. Just like you guys we are running a 4 man crew and there just is not enough time in the day to keep up.

Last edited:
we worked in Worchester today.

still a mess.may be muddy tomorrow.we'll be there all week at least.haven't even gotten out of one neighborhood.daylight savings time blows.

Back