ice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennyl70

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
getting hammered by the ice and sleet right now. WOW. what a mess this is gonna be of it dont slow down alittle. thunder ice has been coming down now for awhile. worked late last night to check generator and build the new male- male cables for it and the inverter and generator. but we r ready if heaven forbid the power goes out. hope you r all safe and not out in this stuff if it is doing this where u r at.

Headed our way. We've brought in extra wood from the woodshed. I hope the power stays on, since we don't have a generator.

getting hammered by the ice and sleet right now. WOW. what a mess this is gonna be of it dont slow down alittle. thunder ice has been coming down now for awhile. worked late last night to check generator and build the new male- male cables for it and the inverter and generator. but we r ready if heaven forbid the power goes out. hope you r all safe and not out in this stuff if it is doing this where u r at.

I think the proper term is suicide cords! Be safe man, throw that main breaker.

But you'll have heat, even if you don't have power. That's a good feeling at least.

Appears the ice is going to stay a couple of counties east and south of us. I got the generator ready yesterday, just in case. I probably have 7" of snow so far. Interstates in KC are virtually parking lots.

Supposed to head this way tomorrow I guess.

We had that happen a couple years ago, inch or so of ice everywhere. Lost power for about 3 days. Not fun but it happens.

I think the proper term is suicide cords! Be safe man, throw that main breaker.

LOL. yes i do believe u r right on the term. have family that work for the power company.... so the main breaker is the first thing that happens...... still would be even if we didnt have family working on the lines, but brings it home alittle more ya know.

But you'll have heat, even if you don't have power. That's a good feeling at least.

true that.... we dont run alot of the little 4000 watter.... just the blower in the house and a few lights and the firg now and then off the gen...... run the heatmore off deep cycles and an inverter.....

i will trade the rain we are going to get for your ice and snow. funny it is 32 today and tomorrow is suppose to be 61

They are forcasting about 1/4 inch of ice in my area. It is supposed to move in late tonight and into tomorrow morning. I'm hoping it's less or none at all.
At least I have Fridays off from work.
I'll be bringing in a little extra firewood after work today though.

Stay safe.

i will trade the rain we are going to get for your ice and snow. funny it is 32 today and tomorrow is suppose to be 61

would trade ya in a second man if i could. and the temps have been crazy in mo this year also..... 30 one day..... 70 the next.....

Snow, Hail and Rain

We got about four inches of snow yesterday and it got down to just below freezing last night. This morning about 3:00 AM I was up listening to thunder and then hail came down.

It hailed pellets about the size of mothballs and really covered the streets about 1/2" deep with them. Street crews were out with blades moving it to the shoulders.

Then came freezing and heavy rain. Later it just turned to rain and everything is melting. Sure has been quite a ride.

Nosmo

all sleet 30 miles south of st. louis. hoping the bootheel doesn't get too much again or I'll be headed south.

Grew up in this area so yo-yo weather is normal

The first day of arriving in Maine, stationed there for a while(navy), it snowed 18", the next day 24". I didn't see bare ground till spring. That was different!

We got around 4" of snow today then it started to spit a little rain and now it is snowing very fine . They say we will get more snow tonight.

Spent the day playing in the white stuff - drywall mud, that is. Watched the storm hit about noonish, and now it's tapered off after dumping about 4 inches. Came home early, took a nice long hot shower, and now I'm sitting by the stove, all nice and toasty, while my wife is preparing the stir-fry for tonight. Smells awesome, I can tell you. Life is good. Just wish we would have had a little more snow. :msp_thumbup:

Latest posts

Back