ICS 613GC

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yawning_dog

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if anyone might have piston and cylinder information for an ICS 613GC concrete cutting chainsaw. I've got one with a scored piston/cylinder and I'm trying to figure out if there might be another OEM model that's identical. It looks kind of like a Husqvarna design.

I think I can save the cylinder but the piston is pretty rough. Any help with alternate parts would be appreciated- thanks!

Hi, I was wondering if anyone might have piston and cylinder information for an ICS 613GC concrete cutting chainsaw. I've got one with a scored piston/cylinder and I'm trying to figure out if there might be another OEM model that's identical. It looks kind of like a Husqvarna design.

I think I can save the cylinder but the piston is pretty rough. Any help with alternate parts would be appreciated- thanks!

Measure the bore. Should be 52mm. If so, a Stihl 064 piston should be a nearly identical fit with minor/no modifications.

Awesome, thanks for the tip! I'll check it out. Do you happen to know if this particular ICS saw is identical to any other brand's saw? After posting, I found another thread that says that another ICS was an Efco. The Efco MT 8200 looked similar and it's very close to the same displacement.

It's an Efco aka Emak and Is Italian made. There should be a plate on the tank by the trigger. Crank pto seals are prone to leaking on that saw. That; and some const workers think 25 to 1 mix means "less oil" for some reason!
Hilti dshs80's cutoff saws were the same engine. The Target Turbo-80 too.
@Four Paws; It's nice to know that the Stihl 064 piston will work in this powerhead. I have several old carcasses needing pistons only.
FYI; I use a 268 Husqvarna piston in a Hilti DSH700, but have to shave a .010 off the top To keep the squish from being to tight, and they also only use one ring. However, It Beats paying $165 for a Hilti oem. (That's if you have an account too).
I asked them if it comes with a jar of:blob2: Vaseline. :crazy2:Lol

alexcagle, thanks, that's great info. I looked more closely at the MT8200 and the displacement is exactly the same as the ICS (80.7). I also now see in the IPL that the ICS shows the bore at 52mm like Four Paws mentioned. Thanks again, guys, for your info. I'll probably take a shot at the Stihl 064 or equivalent.

alexcagle, thanks, that's great info. I looked more closely at the MT8200 and the displacement is exactly the same as the ICS (80.7). I also now see in the IPL that the ICS shows the bore at 52mm like Four Paws mentioned. Thanks again, guys, for your info. I'll probably take a shot at the Stihl 064 or equivalent.

So Yawnny, how did this all work out? I would like to know that it is just that simple. Don

So Yawnny, how did this all work out? I would like to know that it is just that simple. Don
I have put the 064 piston in one of these since this post. Worked like a charm.
I also put Husqvarna 268 pistons in the dsh700 hilti's, then delete the base gasket and use motoseal. Although one ring, it's a great alternative to paying $165 for a oem Hili piston!

Thanks. I installed a meteor piston for an 064 in my ICS 613GC and it is all good.

The Stihl piston is about 20 thousandths taller, pin to crown, than the one I removed. Even so, squish with the new piston and old gasket was almost .040. Without the gasket it is .024 and I am glad for the compression release.

Aside from some misassembled parts in the carb and a sticky duck bill in the tank vent, that's all it took. By the way, the clogged vent made the saw flood rather than starve. The ics service manual, easily found online, mentioned this in the troubleshooting section. It is the opposite of my experience.

I christen you King Four Paws. And send sincere appreciation. If I had known the Efco squish was so huge, I would have used the aftermarket 272 piston I had on hand. But I thought it was too tall. And it only has one ring.

If anyone would like to send royalties to me for the tip on the 064 piston, feel free to PM me for my contact information :) I'm totally serious!
You should get Royalties! You just helped me with my ICS 613! Thanks! Royalty is in Cyberspace as I type this lol!!!!

You should get Royalties! You just helped me with my ICS 613! Thanks! Royalty is in Cyberspace as I type this lol!!!!

I will send you my paypal and you can compensate me as you see fit.

Ics 613gc
I have one of these in the shop now.
Needs a 52mm piston.
I see the 064 piston will do.
How about a base gasket for these saws.

This on does not have 613gc on it anywhere I will attach a pic of the tag.
9823c17cfbfd6f9aa34e26aebc66eb1a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

How much clearance do you want?
On my rebuild with a Stihl piston the squish was 40 thousandths with the old Efco gasket, even though the stihl piston is taller than the original. So I skipped the gasket and went with 3-bond. The saw runs great, what little I've used it. But I was following my experience with tight squish on regular chain saws, for fast run up and more power. Maybe that's not the same here. Perhaps Efco had cooling or stresses or durability or something else in mind when it decided to built the saw with 60 thou clearance.... So decide what you want and you could get the proper thickness paper and scissor one out, if needed.

If you got by without I will try the same thing

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Resurrecting an old thread I know...but I've got a couple of 613's in at the minute that need new pots and pistons. Got some from an 066 (same as the 064) but they are different to the 613. The decomp valve is on top of the cylinder on the 066, but on the side on the 613. Could cap it off I suppose. But also there is no impulse line spigot on the 066 cylinder? Presume on the 066 it goes from the crankcase. Finally, the exhaust gasket face is vertical on the 613 but angled on the 066. Haven't got this far but it looks like the muffler would fit on to the pot, but that would then foul on the crankcase when you try to bolt it down

Anyone got any ideas what's going wrong here?

Fred

Latest posts

Back