Identify this tree?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first thought was American...but looking at the picture of the stump, it may be slippery. American elm will have light and dark layers when you look at the bark where you cut it off on the end. Slippery will be all the same color which is what it looks like here, but that is not a great picture of that angle because that is not what you were trying to show.

Looks like the many American elms I have taken down. Bark does not seem To be correct for sibearian

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
37eb3b9a9cb034c2f891ae2dbe210213.jpg
seems like a match

Thanks to the "green energy act" here in canada. There were contracts that pay 80 cents per kilowatt hour. Making solar very lucrative. So many people around here got in on that. The rates are lower now, but the early birds are making out pretty good. To me it's not sustainable and is driving our electricity prices up. Ontario is one of the most expensive. Hence the wood heat. Haha, I'm stickin it to the man!!

I know this is a tree Id ? not felling seminar however looking for the solar panel I realized this tree was a double stem not to far above the notch. Just be careful that you don't have it split on you as you are felling! Some super dead elm won't break if you tried while there's always a few that just pop apart

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Thanks to the "green energy act" here in canada. There were contracts that pay 80 cents per kilowatt hour. Making solar very lucrative. So many people around here got in on that. The rates are lower now, but the early birds are making out pretty good. To me it's not sustainable and is driving our electricity prices up. Ontario is one of the most expensive. Hence the wood heat. Haha, I'm stickin it to the man!!
Hey Wood Nazi,
Hello to a native Ontarian.
I've seen all kinds of those on farms near me too. None of that size but many multi panels on large concrete bases.
I am supplementing my electric bills with wood heat for the 11 years that I've owned my house.
Our electric rates and service here is crazy expensive.
How about the "smart meters" ...lol
Only thing I like about them is that meter reader doesn't come flying up my driveway unannounced anymore.

Latest posts

Back